Confirmed with Link: Miele signed to 1 yr deal

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Just heard that he had a contract signed on another forum, will probably make the news soon. No idea of salary or if it's two-way but it was for one year.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, McLellan just tweeted this:

Sarah McLellan @azc_mclellan
#Coyotes announce they've signed Andy Miele to a one-year deal.

I don't think Miele will ever be an NHL regular, but I still would like to see Tippett give him some playing time with the Czechs to see if he has what it takes. I mean, you never know until he gets a real shot.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
Yeah unless he gets a one-way contract and breaks out I fear he is going to be a career AHLer.

It's a shame too because I really like him. Became a fan of him early and then when I found out he was one of the first two founding donors and part of the advisory committe on YCP it only entrenched my fandom. :)

Sciamachy

Shadow Coyote
Jan 31, 2008
Maloney had mentioned in an interview a few days ago that they had completed the deal with Miele, just hadn't submitted the paperwork. Said that Miele (like Summers) was a guy on the cusp and just waiting for his turn.

I imagine Miele and Brown will be getting the bulk of the call ups this season if they don't make the team since Bolduc, Connor and Nick Johnson are out of the picture and Klink is on the big club.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Maloney had mentioned in an interview a few days ago that they had completed the deal with Miele, just hadn't submitted the paperwork. Said that Miele (like Summers) was a guy on the cusp and just waiting for his turn.

I imagine Miele and Brown will be getting the bulk of the call ups this season if they don't make the team since Bolduc, Connor and Nick Johnson are out of the picture and Klink is on the big club.

What is Maloney smoking these last few weeks? Smith's contract? Summers one way deal? Miele on the cusp? What I saw of Miele last year, he was manhandled so bad I don't see him getting a sniff this year. Hope I'm wrong.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
What is Maloney smoking these last few weeks? Smith's contract? Summers one way deal? Miele on the cusp?

If Smith's contract + Summers one-way deal was all that GMDM did the past couple weeks, I'd be definitely concerned. But Maloney not only resigned Korpi, Stone, and Chipchura for long term deals in the ballpark we expected in terms of money, but he also landed Greiss to a steal of a contract and a legit 1C in Ribiero - arguably the best player on the UFA market this year, for a pretty fair contract.

So yeah, I don't think what Maloney's been smoking has been all that bad. ;)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
If Smith's contract + Summers one-way deal was all that GMDM did the past couple weeks, I'd be definitely concerned. But Maloney not only resigned Korpi, Stone, and Chipchura for long term deals in the ballpark we expected in terms of money, but he also landed Greiss to a steal of a contract and a legit 1C in Ribiero - arguably the best player on the UFA market this year, for a pretty fair contract.

So yeah, I don't think what Maloney's been smoking has been all that bad. ;)

Yeah, I guess you are right, but signing those three were probably a foregone conclusion. Signing Greiss was fantastic.

Rutkowski

Jul 13, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
I'd say there were a couple of better players on the UFA market(Horton, Alfredsson short-term for example) but he was most likely the best C on the market, yeah.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I'd say there were a couple of better players on the UFA market(Horton, Alfredsson short-term for example) but he was most likely the best C on the market, yeah.

We got the best C on the market this year, for 4 years. Ribs wont drop to the 2nd line next year and there's a good chance he wont for the entirety of the the contract. He will make the Doan contract much easier to chew, even if they only see each other on the PP. And will make either Boeds or Vrby better players, hell maybe even both. He allows Vermette to do what Gordon did on the 4th line to the 3rd line, and takes almost all pressure off of Hanzal to be more than a top shut down center. He could be an integral part of the team for 4 years.

We don't need Horton with Doan and possibly Samuelson coming up. Alfredson for a year wouldn't have done much more than sell out every game against Canadian teams. I honestly think this was the best signing we could get out of a UFA and the money isn't atrocious. Look at Whitney's contract with Dallas. He isn't making considerably less than Ribs, but never had the potential of what Ribs could do, and is 7 years older.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Also want to say that maybe Miele fits in with a Boeds and Hanzal line. He is small and very much a mold of Conacher. He has a decent offensive ceiling and if he can't do it on this type of line he may not be cut for the big league.
I think you would be able to tell if it would work or not by the end of the preseaon/first week.

Vrbrta/Boeds - Ribeiro - Doan
Miele - Hazal --Vrbrta/Boeds
Korpi - Vermette - Moss
Brown - Chip - Klinkhammer

Also, a third line of Korpi-Vermette-Moss is absolutely dangerous and has to be in the top 10 or higher 3rd lines in the league.

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona
Think it's safe to say Miele'll be the captain of the Pirates for when he's down there?

He was one of four assistants, and Bolduc is gone so I think he seems like the smart choice to step up. I'm pretty sure Szwarz was another one of the assistants and he'll be back as well, so that could be his main competition IMO.

Swat Ultra

~Hockey!~
Sep 23, 2010
Northern NH
Think it's safe to say Miele'll be the captain of the Pirates for when he's down there?

He was one of four assistants, and Bolduc is gone so I think he seems like the smart choice to step up. I'm pretty sure Szwarz was another one of the assistants and he'll be back as well, so that could be his main competition IMO.

Portland needs some Vets and whoever that is should/will be the capt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad