Recalled/Assigned: Miele called up

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Watch him be the next MSL on another team. You know how pissed I'd be?

If you look at the sort of player Tampa has turned into a usable player, Miele would almost assuredly be one. If he insists upon playing center then he deserves to play in Europe. He could make it here as a winger.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I hope so because if he doesn't look that good and only gets 7 minutes of ice time a lot of people will be up in arms about how amazing he is and how the only reason we aren't seeing it is because Tippet is holding back such awesomeness. :D

Isn't that the truth! :laugh:
Here's hoping he's gotten himself some needed physical stability - I wish him all the best, as sceptic a las I am.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Might need to ask him or the coaching staff. He looks lost and cant stay in position, not strong on the boards, floats in zone too much for a winger.
A lot of this should/could of been improved if they made him play wing in Portland and coached him properly in the pros.

Man.... I wish you were coach. :sarcasm:

Sorry, couldn't resist

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Watch him be the next MSL on another team. You know how pissed I'd be?

Miele will be 26 years old in a month. MSL put up 70pts in the NHL as a 26 year old. In the dead puck era with hulking monsters and unlimited obstruction. Back when it was hard to be small in the NHL.

He's earned a call up and I'm happy for him. But I will be flat out SHOCKED if he ever becomes a full time nhl player. Bottom six is out of the question, and top six in the NHL is a looooong way from where he is now. He's basically Cory Conacher or Tim Kennedy minus the motor that never quits, super gritty, high effort up tempo style that continually earns them looks in the NHL.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If you look at the sort of player Tampa has turned into a usable player, Miele would almost assuredly be one. If he insists upon playing center then he deserves to play in Europe. He could make it here as a winger.

Conacher sucks. He's good enough to be your fourth best offensive winger if you are one of the two or three worst teams in the league. That's about it.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Per tweet of Sarah Mac, Miele is centering Erat and Vrbatab. I like it! It pugs Miele in a position to succeed.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
I hope the guy proves me wrong. I've never been sold on him, I still expect him to be a career AHLer, but hey, stranger things have happened. We could really use his help.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Per tweet of Sarah Mac, Miele is centering Erat and Vrbatab. I like it! It pugs Miele in a position to succeed.

I wonder who will be the healthy scratch now? This just seems like the DM/TIP shuffle to me, looking for a spark, but he will be right back to the AHL in a few games. The McMillan/Schwarz/Meile deck chair cake walk, always the same results, nobody sticks. Even Murphy for as much ice time as he was getting did not stick.

zz

Nov 1, 2006
If he produces, he'll stick as long as he's being effective. If he fades, he'll be back in the A. Makes sense to me.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Conacher sucks. He's good enough to be your fourth best offensive winger if you are one of the two or three worst teams in the league. That's about it.

It's not so much that Conacher sucks, it's that Tampa made him look valuable enough that they snagged a starting goaltender for him. It's the same deal with Tyler Johnson now, Teddy Purcell for years, and now Killorn and Palat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad