Recalled/Assigned: Miele called up

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
It's good that he is getting a chance, finally; and probably his last chance with the team.

I hope that he really makes it good, and show up like someone that is fighting for his career. Also, I hope the coaching staff is able to dispense with their biases and bad habits for a moment to give him a real chance at this.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Yeah I'd prefer to see him play with Vermette and Boeds. Actually, with Doan on a line with Ribs I could see him fitting there. I think the two best lines for him to play on would be;

Miele - Ribs - Doan
or
Miele - Vermette - Boeds

The more I think about it, the Miele - Vermette - Boeds could give us a half way decent idea of what Domi would look like in that line.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
We'll probably see Miele center the top line and Ribeiro between Klinkhammer and Bisonnette :) All jokes aside, I'm excited to see what Miele can bring. I thought he looked really good during his call-up early this season.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I'm excited to Miele not getting much ice time and get sent back down in the process. :sarcasm: Sorry, I just can't be excited to really see any of our call-ups take place seeing what has happened in the past is too predictable.

Swat Ultra

~Hockey!~
Sep 23, 2010
Northern NH
Miele can't play wing.

This is why he has not been called up and most likely wont ever stay up.

Portland/Phx wont force/coach him to change... its pretty clear if he will ever make it in the nhl they need to make him play wing and stop letting him play center.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Why *can't* Miele play wing? Isn't it easier to learn than center?

Swat Ultra

~Hockey!~
Sep 23, 2010
Northern NH
Why *can't* Miele play wing? Isn't it easier to learn than center?

Might need to ask him or the coaching staff. He looks lost and cant stay in position, not strong on the boards, floats in zone too much for a winger.
A lot of this should/could of been improved if they made him play wing in Portland and coached him properly in the pros.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I see no reason not to give him a shot but I don't expect him to do much with it.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Wonder if he will get more than 7 minutes of icetime.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Wonder if he will get more than 7 minutes of icetime.
I hope so because if he doesn't look that good and only gets 7 minutes of ice time a lot of people will be up in arms about how amazing he is and how the only reason we aren't seeing it is because Tippet is holding back such awesomeness. :D

Swat Ultra

~Hockey!~
Sep 23, 2010
Northern NH
he's 6th in AHL points.

While on the pirates who are the worst team in the ahl.

Miele chose to sign with phoenix he had many offers but wanted to play here. Signed another contract with us under the same loyalty to see how it would play out.

He will be UFA this coming year. He gave us a shot lets see if the team gives him a real one if not he will move on as he should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad