Movies: Midway (November 2019)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Finally saw it

Cringed thru many parts and its amazing how after all these decades of CGI the effects still look terrible when in motion. Also the acting especially from lead actor (Guy from Deadpool) was awful

1/4 stars

Honestly Pearl Harbor was better then this shit and that is sad

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Love historical movies, happy I did not watch this in the theater. It is bad, writing is bad, acting is wooden, and they spent too much time on what happened before Midway. While there are flaws with the 1976 movie, it is far better than this movie and uses more actual historical accuracy than in what happened than this one

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
I will give what is called a bullshit sandwich. For those who have seen the movie, John Ford (yes, that John Ford) was in fact wounded on Midway and most of the footage we have seen in history class about what happen. ed on Midway was either filmed by him or his regular camera man. Then you have the silliness of certain things that will annoy people who know the history of the battle. Spruence was a prime a proper person, quiet and reserved, but knew what he was doing. It was not until the 1h mark of the movie that battle begins, they gloss over the mayhem of the launch and how uncoordinated the actual launch was. CGI sucked. Other good thing was that it did explore that disconnection between Field command and what Washington thought was going on

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Another problem I had was that it was built cast out. Meaning they got funding based upon casting some pretty boys in the roles. A few of the younger actors did pull it off but most did not. 1976 midway was far better(even though the love story could have been dropped)

But I do have one question. Why did they get nearly ALL the uniforms wrong?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad