Mid season player rankings (Lapresse)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
very good list.

Im looking at the grades relative to Price since he's the fixed quantity. We know he's the best. It's then a question of figuring out how many grades removed everyone else is from him. In that sense, Patches should be an A- and everyone bumped down accordingly.

I also don't have an issue with Gallagher's ranking. He is a warrior and the only player not named Price to show up every single shift. I personally love him.

Grades should really be an individual evaluation because not all players are equal.
I have a hard time not giving Weise an A+ seeing how there really isn't much you could ask from him. Career high scoring pace, he's taken advantages of the opportunities given to him when moved up on scoring lines, has done a good job despite being regularly flip flopped, pretty consistent, plays hard every night. There's nothing I can really criticize him on.
But I can't compare him to Price, or Max, or PK, or others.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I look at PK's stats and compare them to last year. He's on pace to equal his points. He's also turned his plus/minus around by 13 goals. He's also spending more time on the penalty kill. He played awful against Tampa but it's an 82 game season. He's very much becoming a low risk/high reward guy. Can't wait to see what his prime will bring.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
PAP deserves an F, other then that its ok. Id personally give PK an A- and Bournival a C+.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Pretty fair for the most part. I'd bump Galchenyuk up to a B+, maybe an A-, based on how effective our first line has looked since moving him on it. But it's a small sample size, to be fair.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Very fair.

The only thing I disagree with is that I think DD should be bumped up to a B for his play since being split from Pacioretty, and that Parenteau should be bumped down to a C+. After a hot start, PAP has been disappointing outside the shootouts.
I think I agree here, although I'd also move Emelin down to a C-. I don't think he's been any better than Weaver or Gilbert.

I think I'd put Patches at an A-. His recent play is great, but he floated a lot earlier in the season.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Weise and PK'S grades were probably brought down because of their play at the beginning of the season. They both had a bad start and Weise was even scratched some games.

For those of you who would rank Gallagher lower, I think you need to reassess your expectations. He's playing as hard as he can (which is harder than everyone else really) and he's on pace for 22g-22a-44p which is pretty much the production we can expect of him.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Carey Price: A+
P.K. Subban: A-
Max Pacioretty: A-
Alex Galchenyuk: A-
Brendan Gallagher: B+
Tomas Plekanec: B+
Andrei Markov: B+
Dale Weise: B+
Sergei Gonchar: B+
Dustin Tokarski: B
Jiri Sekac: B
Lars Eller: B
Manny Malhotra: B (Don't get the hate, he was signed to win faceoffs and be a defensive 4th liner)
Nathan Beaulieu: B-
David Desharnais: B-
Brandon Prust: B-
P.A. Parenteau: C+
Alexei Emelin: C+
Tom Gilbert: C
Mike Weaver: C-

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Carey Price: A+
P.K. Subban: A-
Max Pacioretty: A-
Alex Galchenyuk: A-
Brendan Gallagher: B+
Tomas Plekanec: B+
Andrei Markov: B+
Dale Weise: B+
Sergei Gonchar: B+
Dustin Tokarski: B
Jiri Sekac: B
Lars Eller: B
Manny Malhotra: B (Don't get the hate, he was signed to win faceoffs and be a defensive 4th liner)
Nathan Beaulieu: B-
David Desharnais: B-
Brandon Prust: B-
P.A. Parenteau: C+
Alexei Emelin: C+
Tom Gilbert: C
Mike Weaver: C-

Both should atleast be at B ... Prust is so underrated here for doing his job perfectly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad