• The "Eat Your Heart Out Ryan" Campaign - Edo Japan

• Saturday Night - Boston Pizza

• I'm a Real Canadian - SkipTheDishes

Results are only viewable after voting.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Since both the Oscars and the Superbowl (an event known for good commercials) is coming up; I'd thought to celebrate my ability to create threads on this board again by letting us vote on the worst commercials we've seen during Oilers broadcasts.

The nominees are selected either for their lackluster content, repetition or their cringe value. The nominees are:

The "Like a Mother" Campaign - The Real Canadian Superstore
Christmas Pizza - Boston Pizza
The "Eat Your Heart Out Ryan" Campaign - Edo Japan
Saturday Night - Boston Pizza
I'm a Real Canadian - SkipTheDishes

Write-in candidates are also accepted if you feel that the academy has missed out on a potential winner.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Although I have voiced my displeasure for the "Eat your heart out Ryan" campaign, I firmly believe the worst of the worst is the "Like a Mother" commercials.

So bad.
So cringy.
So repetitive.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The BP turkey pizza one was marketing madness. Just stupid. Almost anybody gets tired of the thought of Turkey at the time of year and Pizza Turkey? just gross. just say no.

That's the worst.

I like Madmen so I have no trouble with the skip the dishes commercial. I like that they got such an actor for a Canadian ad campaign. Impressive. Usually we get subpar commercial spokespeople on this side of the border.

I like the "like your mother" commercials. Its out there, weird, a little zany and fun. a bit imaginative. Very little advertising is ever unique at all. This series is. They at least change it up too.

At least we don't have to tolerate so many lying Subway commercials anymore from that pondscum that used to be in the commercials. Subway seems to be a lot quieter since the whole corp was so outed so many times. I expect to hear Subway is bankrupt any moment. Subway is such a fail franchise.

But I can still tolerate the commercials because I FF through most of them.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
The "Like a Mother" Campaign - The Real Canadian Superstore
Christmas Pizza - Boston Pizza
The "Eat Your Heart Out Ryan" Campaign - Edo Japan
Saturday Night - Boston Pizza
I'm a Real Canadian - SkipTheDishes

The only bad commercial above is the Saturday Night commercial.

Write in Vote would be the Gregor / Klefbom Volvo ad where they compare their abs. THIS is the most cringeworthy ad I think I have ever heard. Klefbom should fire his agent over that one.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Like A Mother gets my vote. Just an awful commercial on so many levels. And the Hyandai ad with the intercom is annoying. An intercom in a vehicle is worthy of an entire commercial? That's the best feature of your vehicle that you want to emphasize? Yikes.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
The only bad commercial above is the Saturday Night commercial.

Write in Vote would be the Gregor / Klefbom Volvo ad where they compare their abs. THIS is the most cringeworthy ad I think I have ever heard. Klefbom should fire his agent over that one.
Yea but I'm in hockey shape and you're in radio shape.

HEY, it's still a shape.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
All of those don't make the top 20 of annoying commercials but it has been limited to oilers broadcasts.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Oh ****, I completely missed Christmas Pizza.

That one. Voted the Saturday night one. Didn't realize it was every second commercial until @Fixed to Ruin pointed it out. The glass was shattered.

I couldn't get over watching someone pour gravy on a pizza.

christmas-pizza-2019.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad