Mickey Gall def. CM Punk via RNC @ 2:14 at UFC 203

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Poor Mickey. Beats down a can with no benefit to his career and only gets $30,000.
2nd career fight in the UFC.
3rd career fight in the main card.
Most talked about welterweight in the world right now.
Edit: Got to punch CM Punk in the face (thank you Kessel).
Poor Mickey ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
$30,000 for his 3rd MMA fight? actually really good considering he's paid more than the entry level UFC fighter and, if it wasn't for Punk getting him to the UFC, he'd be making $1K a fight in the regionals for a few years before making the UFC.

Better to send Punk to Japan. Maybe he can get an MMA bout with Shibata.

OTOH, Shibata would like slaughter Punk in that case.

HeymanGuy

Sep 10, 2014
Kitchener, Ontario
Just returned home from New York, man, I didn't think Punk would win, but I never expected such a one sided fight. Apart from those week punches on the ground which really had no effect, nothing. It was hard to watch as I love Punk.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Just returned home from New York, man, I didn't think Punk would win, but I never expected such a one sided fight. Apart from those week punches on the ground which really had no effect, nothing. It was hard to watch as I love Punk.

Really? What else would you expect from someone with no experience who just had his pro fight at 38 years old?

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel

I expected it to go exactly like it did. The fight actually lasted longer than I thought it would, but that's mainly because Gall was going for a submission win.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yeah, i pretty much said Punk would get folded pretty early. Thought it would be a TKO, though. Just watching him train, he was doomed. He looked like he was throwing his first ever punches, and his game plan was god awful. Why would you run at a guy you know will switch levels and dump you on your ass?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Chael Sonnen has signed with Bellator. He's called out Tito Ortiz, but methinks if the UFC cuts CM Punk, Sonnen and Punk may have a fight since it's a fight they both wanted at some point.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Chael Sonnen has signed with Bellator. He's called out Tito Ortiz, but methinks if the UFC cuts CM Punk, Sonnen and Punk may have a fight since it's a fight they both wanted at some point.

HAHAHHAHA.

Great reasoning.

First off CM Punk is an average sized WW. Sure he cuts weight but he isn't a big guy. Chael Sonnen is a massive MW and is likely going to have fights at LHW.

Chael Sonnen despite being out for 3 years is a legit fighter who managed to challenge for the UFC belt three times and have much success in two of those fights. CM Punk has VERY LITTLE experience. Which commission do you suppose would go ahead with this fight? Really curious. Only chance is some freak show in Japan, which is not happening.

Chael Sonnen signing with Bellator has nothing to do with CM Punk. Shane Carwin is likely to sign with Bellator. Brock getting a UFC release, not getting suspended, Bellator bound?

Not happening sport.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know a thing about Bellator - it was reported that Sonnen and Punk wanted to fight each other and have a reality show building to the fight by Dave Meltzer, though. Bellator seems like the sideshow that would do it.

And I'd highly suggest cutting out the holier than thou attitude with your "not happening sport" line at the end.

On a side, I'd probably start watching Bellator just for the GOAT promoter Chael P. Sonnen.

edit: omg Wanderlei is in Bellator??? OMG YESSSS :biglaugh:

Last edited:

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I don't know a thing about Bellator - it was reported that Sonnen and Punk wanted to fight each other and have a reality show building to the fight by Dave Meltzer, though. Bellator seems like the sideshow that would do it.

And I'd highly suggest cutting out the holier than thou attitude with your "not happening sport" line at the end.

On a side, I'd probably start watching Bellator just for the GOAT promoter Chael P. Sonnen.

Bellator's done some really stupid things (Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock, Kimbo Slice vs DaDa 5000, Royce Gracie vs Ken Shamrock) but Chael Sonnen vs CM Punk would take the cake. Those guys above all at least had some sort of pro fight and a winning record somehow.

Chael Sonnen has massive size on him, and is a legit fighter. This fight is impossible. I don't see your reports anywhere. Those fights all got through the commissions (there's some serious sketchy ones) but this fight just wouldn't be able to happen anywhere in the States unless it's on some reserve somewhere.

Bellator is fine with doing some sketchy things but not this. Dada died several times in his fight. Kimbo got busted for gear, and two months later they put him on a card in the United Kingdom before he died of a heart attack.

Bellator has been signing a lot of former past their prime UFC fighters and letting go of some real legit talent - but they certainly still have some homegrown talent that they're promoting in these freakshows.

Wanderlei is still awaiting his suspension after his lifetime got overthrown. He is fighting in Japan on the annual NYE event though rumoured to be against Fedor. I think Wandy wins that.

Chael called out Rory MacDonald, and Ortiz among others.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Sonnen walks at 230 lbs, is a good wrestler and knocked down prime Anderson Silva. I'm deadly sure Punk doesn't want that fight anymore :laugh:
The Axe Murderer vs CM Punk in literally a death match :nod:

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Any commission who sanctions Sonnen vs Punk should have that decision thrown out and be dissolved immediately.

No ****ing way that would be safe.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Why are we acting like Bellator is above sideshow ****? They ran and medically cleared a fight between Dada and Kimbo. One would actually die in the fight and be revived and the other would die months later.

Bellator certainly has some legitimate fighters but they love the sideshow. I'm sure they'll keep marching Shamrock out there for another 17 years.

Last edited:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'd gladly get into the cage and get kicked in the chin by Stephen Thompson for $500k, hell, i'd do it for $100k.

This whole "HE DESERVES SO MUCH RESPECT FOR STEPPING IN A CAGE!"

Absolutely he does, if he wasn't making $500K to get folded up like a cheap suit.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd gladly get into the cage and get kicked in the chin by Stephen Thompson for $500k, hell, i'd do it for $100k.

This whole "HE DESERVES SO MUCH RESPECT FOR STEPPING IN A CAGE!"

Absolutely he does, if he wasn't making $500K to get folded up like a cheap suit.

The difference between schmucks like us taking that beating for that price and Punk is that the embarrassment factor for Punk is significantly higher than any of us. None of us would be embarrassed getting our ass handed to us by a pro fighter. A famous person doing that takes more of a hit in that department and that can impact some revenue streams if it's bad enough.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I want more Sonnen interviews blasting Silva and his training partners. More stories about feeding a bus a carrot pls.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I want more Sonnen interviews blasting Silva and his training partners. More stories about feeding a bus a carrot pls.

That was the Nog brothers, it was hilarious. That's where Big Nog's "scar came from"... I laughed so hard when he said that a few years ago.

We're likely to get Wand/Sonnen now though, which will be hilarious.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The difference between schmucks like us taking that beating for that price and Punk is that the embarrassment factor for Punk is significantly higher than any of us. None of us would be embarrassed getting our ass handed to us by a pro fighter. A famous person doing that takes more of a hit in that department and that can impact some revenue streams if it's bad enough.

The thing is... Punk isn't a professional fighter either. Punk has a worse MMA record than I do right now, and I didn't get a headache! Punk is an amateur fighter with an 0-1 record.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The thing is... Punk isn't a professional fighter either. Punk has a worse MMA record than I do right now, and I didn't get a headache! Punk is an amateur fighter with an 0-1 record.

Yeah but you have no hype going into that fight and wouldn't be asked many questions beyond the post-fight press conference. You'd be able to live it down losing like that. Punk is going to hear that stuff all the time and it may impact the kind of sponsors he could get or who would want to have him appear at some event.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad