OT: MIchigan Sports Thread: UM wins Natty Championship

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I don't think UM fans should hang their head about this one. Michigan didn't even look like they'd get into the playoffs a month ago. Then they put up two huge wins to get to the FF and face the destructive force of nature that is BC.

I'm leaning toward Denver in the final but I would never put money up against BC.
Yeah, far from an implosion, this turned out to be a pretty good season for Michigan, all things considered. BC is an absolute wagon, they were heavy favorites last night.

I expect BC to win tomorrow, but I'll be pulling for Denver (because Buium, and eff Boston).

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
GLfEUGHWUAAPWv1.jpg

Thoughts on the new Lions uniforms? I didn't love them at first but they've really grown on me.

I'm surprised they got rid of the blue throwback helmet from last season. That was a lot of hype around a helmet they wore for one game.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
GLfEUGHWUAAPWv1.jpg

Thoughts on the new Lions uniforms? I didn't love them at first but they've really grown on me.

I'm surprised they got rid of the blue throwback helmet from last season. That was a lot of hype around a helmet they wore for one game.

Really like the blues, which is most important imo. Like the whites, but I don't need the "Detroit" over the numbering.

The third jersey, idk. I think the Lions are in a tricky spot where you kind of either go with gray or black, and neither looks that great in my view. I think it's a good effort.

Reactions: Ricelund

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Really like the blues, which is most important imo. Like the whites, but I don't need the "Detroit" over the numbering.

The third jersey, idk. I think the Lions are in a tricky spot where you kind of either go with gray or black, and neither looks that great in my view. I think it's a good effort.

I'd consider just flipping the color jersey to have a grey top with a blue bottom, with maybe black accents and numbers if they felt they had to use a third color. I've always liked the Lions' color scheme.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I suspect Detroit either trades down or trades a pick next year tomorrow to recoup the draft pick they lost tonight.

That's the only downside I have with their pick tonight.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
From what I've read, this was a really great move by the Lions. They went into the draft with the 29th overall pick and came away with a guy who was considered a borderline top-10 talent.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
Not only that. He's a borderline top-10 talent who is from the same defense as their first round talent safety from the prior year. Both fell, so huge chips on shoulder.

So, they get another very talented player coming into the league kinda pissed off playing with a bunch of other lower picked or UDFA players with massive chips on their shoulders.

Lions have a bunch of guys who rightfully earned the disrespek card and aren't looking to rest on laurels. Beautiful move to go get their guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad