OT: Michigan Ball Hockey Resumes After Labor Day at Fraser Hockeyland

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Was Joe Dumars Fieldhouse closed for good?

Yes. They closed. A lot of guys moving over to Fraser Hockeyland.
Haven't heard anything about JCC yet.
Early word for our league at Livonia Rec is that if we are allowed to return, Gov's orders will require masks. Have a feeling that won't go over well.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Early word for our league at Livonia Rec is that if we are allowed to return, Gov's orders will require masks. Have a feeling that won't go over well.
Seems like that would be rough. Just walking around it stinks breathing in your own hot air. Will look interesting if anyone in the MBH decides to make a custom hockey card.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Seems like that would be rough. Just walking around it stinks breathing in your own hot air. Will look interesting if anyone in the MBH decides to make a custom hockey card.

I've worn masks covering a couple protests. You take pictures as they go by and then run up to get in front of them. It does suck.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
You might want to postpone it until there is a vaccine, the utility of masks, such as cloth masks/face coverings are in question, especially at times of rapid breathing. Couple that with high physical exertion and people sucking air, its possible that an asymptomatic spreader could infect many people. Especially with how bad people are at wearing masks in general.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Looks like the "Metro Detroit Street Hockey" meetup has moved to Ferndale. Meh - Now it's too far from me for my liking, hehe.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Looks like the "Metro Detroit Street Hockey" meetup has moved to Ferndale. Meh - Now it's too far from me for my liking, hehe.

They were in Farmington, eh?
Some of those folks played in our Livonia Rec Center league.
We'd grown that to 17 teams over three leagues before COVID shut us down. Now we're starting all over again, I think.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Welp, this league will happen, but it won't be an MBH league.
Gov requires masks, and too many guys refuse to wear them, so this league is going rogue and not sanctioned by Michigan Ball Hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad