Michel Therrien amongst the highest paid NHL coaches

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
No ****, he's coaching the Montreal Canadiens. Habs and Leafs will always have the highest paid coaches and GM's cause we make the most revenues.

Moving along please...

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
MT could've won a cup too, he taught the Pens how to play and got robbed when they fired him midseason. Do you actually think Bylsma is better than him?

He could not have. Bylsma is better than him. Therrien's team's in Pittsburgh were stacked and they had below league average possession stats. One common feature among cup winners the last 10 years? They were all strong possession teams. The difference between Pittsburgh under both coaches is among the biggest shifts in play ever recorded. I'm not a big fan of Bylsma, but he's better than MT and we have actual context for that, since they coached the same team.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
I'd like to see the salary of other coaches. As of now, he's paid about the same as the other 33% of NHL coaches we have information about.

Nothing to see, really. Coach salary must be standard except for the rookies.

EDIT : a more interesting is that Ashton was suspended for 20 games!? I really need to read NHL news more often...

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Have heard that while in Pittsburgh Therrien was one of the league's lowest-paid coaches.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Did not expect that. Now I won't feel as bad if/when he gets fired.

B1z4MaVIYAAgRqT.jpg

He's easily the worst coach on that list

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
It doesn't count against the cap who cares.

And Therrien probably clears about 300k less than Laviolette so that makes a difference too.

I bet the middle of the list is all 1,5M

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Dos the 2.0$ include the money Therrien received from DD to use him on the first line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad