Michel Therrien amongst the highest paid NHL coaches

void

Jan 5, 2006
Did not expect that. Now I won't feel as bad if/when he gets fired.

B1z4MaVIYAAgRqT.jpg

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I expect a much better PP from a 2 million dollar coach. :sarcasm:

So MT has another 4 years after this season @ $2 million per. Damn.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
Doesn't surprise me. Coach in a major market ... All the ones making more money than him recently won the Stanley Cup.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
I wanna know how much Ramage, JJD, Lacroix, Waite & Jodoin make, Waite probably the only one that deserves what he gets out of the group, really not a fan of the others.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
He'd tied with 7 people and the job here is very stressful. It's more than skill as a coach IMO. Tough job, we gotta admit that. Luckily doesn't count against cap.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I know you hate him but do you even realize that he will still get paid in full if/when he gets fired?

That's my point. I won't feel bad if he gets fired soon because I know he'll be set for life.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
1.Cup winner
2.Cup winner
3.Cup winner
4.Cup winner
5.Cup winner
MT could've won a cup too, he taught the Pens how to play and got robbed when they fired him midseason. Do you actually think Bylsma is better than him?

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
MT could've won a cup too, he taught the Pens how to play and got robbed when they fired him midseason. Do you actually think Bylsma is better than him?

Therrien didn't get robbed. He laid the groundwork, but I can guarantee that the Pens don't win that cup without the coaching change. His message was past it's expiration date, and the team needed someone who opened things up.

Bylsma became a worse coach over time when he started believing he was some sort of coaching genius. Started to believe his team just needed to stick with his masterful gameplan to win, rather than try to change things up and adapt his tactics on the fly. A popular saying on the Pens board is "Just gotta get to our game."

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009

I don't think Bylsma is better than him, but I am also uncertain on whether or not Pens even make the playoffs without that coaching change.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Meh its the market, all the coaches coaching in big hockey markets seem to be paid like him

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Considering this is Montreal, I'm not surprised he's making 2 mil. I thought he'd be making more honestly, considering what the players make. Coach has a tough job.

It's not like he counts against the cap so, who cares? Only thing that makes me cry here is the fact that Vineault makes the same amount. Alain Vineault would look very good behind the Canadiens bench.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I wish I could get paid a third of that to be hugely incompetent in an important position

What's your position on having your character attacked any time you turn on the local sports news, or read the local paper, or turn on the radio, or go on the internet? How's your bilingual public speaking? And so on...

People who want to pretend coaches should only get paid purely on the merit of the X's and O's they draw up on the board in practice sound like...well, HF posters, really.

I agree with LL and CaptainBenn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad