Injury Report: Michal Rozsival, fractured ankle, out for rest of the playoffs

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Always sorry to see a player go down.

Hope for a speedy recovery.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Out for career more like it. Wasn't he going to likely retire after this season? Sucks.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Okay hawks, while Rosie was less than stellar in the regular season, he literally gave you all he could during this year's playoffs. Time to return the favor and win the cup for him, especially considering that this might be the end of his career.

#WinItForRosie

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
The interesting part is, for as much criticism as he got, Roszival was playing great hockey, and versus a bigger team in Anaheim he would have been effective.

Also, he was complementing Keith pretty well.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
I see IMF already has his reason now that the Hawks won't get past the Ducks/Flames...

Seriously though, sucks for Rozy. His game was rounding back into form, sorry that he can't be with us for the rest of the journey, regardless of how much longer it is.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
No idea why people say this it it for him. Stephane Robidas had two gruesome injuries (one was against us when he scattered his leg) yet he keeps coming back. (I won't comment on his play however :laugh:) I doubt this is the end for Rozsival unless he decides to hang em up.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Well the hawks wont re-sign him. Who will? Hes old anyway, was he going to keep playing anyway? Especially if he gets a ring.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Injury was very tough to watch. Wishing Rosi the best. Tough way to end the year.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Very unfortunate, feel for the guy and would love to see him hoist a second Cup.

Now opens up a spot for perhaps Runblad or Cumisky.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
No idea why people say this it it for him. Stephane Robidas had two gruesome injuries (one was against us when he scattered his leg) yet he keeps coming back. (I won't comment on his play however :laugh:) I doubt this is the end for Rozsival unless he decides to hang em up.

Many people were thinking this season would be the NHL end for him already. The desire for other teams to add him will also be a factor, Robidas was given 3 Mil by Toronto so that's a good offer to stay playing. The Hawks have so many Right handed prospects I don't envision him being re-signed and who else would offer Rozi a contract? Maybe some teams at a below a million contract. It's a matter of if he thinks that's worth signing.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Even a minimum contract is a good amount of money for someone who realizes their career is about to be over. He may sign somewhere, including here if Bowman were to offer him the minimum (I do not advocate this however, I just think Bowman is capable of giving out 1-year minimum to him).

An almost retired player could realize 1 more year in the league is 1 more year making more money than he'll ever make in a year, and also 1 less year of spending money.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Many docs will tell you that a clean break of the ankle is often easier to rehab then a bad sprain .... so there's that.... but it still sucks. No matter how you shake it, we'll miss that big body.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Sounds like my injury when I was a teenager. Wonder if his bone poked through the skin?

I'm a lot more curious as to how they got his skate off. Do you think they could cut if off given what they are made out of these days?

Or do you just give him the needle and then take it off?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad