Michael Wilbon - Owners Win, Hockey Loses

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
nedved93 said:
i can also tell you this. as a rangers fan, i am more than willing to see a percentage of the revenue i contribute to my team, go to help your club as it attempts to re-emerge from despair. that would most certainly NOT apply to clubs situated in markets that clearly cannot support them or have any interest in them.

nashville
florida
atlanta
anaheim
buffalo
carolina

in my judgement, the NHL has no business operating in these markets.

You are correct, we hate hockey here......we have a nice, sunbelt climate like all the other areas you mentioned. No one plays it cause it is so warm outside all the time.....even in December and January, the temp hovers around 70 degrees.

:lol

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
SuperNintendoChalmrs said:
Michael Wilbon + Involvement with ESPN = Too much flash and dash..... :lol

Read Dupont's article on boston.com today. Let us try and stick with the hockey writers if possible.

What part of the article did you disagree with? He pinned blame on bettman and the owners, and he also pointed out the stupidity of the union.

I guess if a writre doesn't say that 100% of the blame should be assigned to Bob and the NHLPA he's an idiot

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
Well, when I think of hockey writers, the first thought that comes to my mind is Wilbon......or as long as Wilbon sides with my point of view, may as well post an article of his.

You may as well post a pro-PA article written by Martha Stewart, biding her time in the clink.

NO LINKAGE.....It's a good thing.....

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Will the fans come back?

Thats the whole reason why there is this lockout in the first place.

Not enough fans=not enough to fill the trough

Labour cost priced to value of NYR etc = no competative teams in most the league= no growth of the sport

So yes lockout = big hockey win

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
SuperNintendoChalmrs said:
Well, when I think of hockey writers, the first thought that comes to my mind is Wilbon......or as long as Wilbon sides with my point of view, may as well post an article of his.

You may as well post a pro-PA article written by Martha Stewart, biding her time in the clink.

NO LINKAGE.....It's a good thing.....

Here is a Pro owner Article that will help your Case ..

What is Career Misconduct?

Career Misconduct exposes a series of corrupt practices by Chicago Blackhawks owner Bill Wirtz, including repeated antitrust violations, bribery of public officials, stealing from his 'niece's' trust fund, collusion against the NHL players, and the buying of special-interest legislation. In addition, the book details Bill Wirtz's greed, mismanagement, lies and civic irresponsibility as owner of the Blackhawks. The book is replete with startling, undisputed, never-before-made-public factual evidence of Wirtz's corporate mismanagement of a kind that is often rumored but seldom documented. Bill Wirtz is one of the richest men in the world, and one of the most powerful men in Chicago, but as the evidence in this book reveals, Wirtz has cynically abused his power and privilege for years. It is a story neither the Blackhawks nor Bill Wirtz want you to read. It is a story that brings into sharp focus Wirtz's commercial immorality. It is a story that proves that at least for billionaires like Wirtz crime does pay. It is a story that will turn your stomach. It is the story of Career Misconduct.

But Wirtz's incredible wealth and status is only part of the story. The purpose of this book is to document Bill Wirtz's repeated acts of corruption, criminality, and lies. Taken as a whole, the book reveals an undeniable and startling pattern of corruption and lawlessness, including repeated violations of the antitrust laws, bribery, political payoffs, perjury, theft, collusion against NHL players, and monumental greed. For many readers, the exposure of Wirtz's criminality will not be a big surprise. Few businessmen anywhere have as bad a public reputation as Bill Wirtz, and thus much of what I reveal in this book will only serve to confirm what many already suspect about the man. But even if I am preaching to the converted, I hope the specific details of lawbreaking and corruption will serve to solidify the suspicions that already exist about Wirtz. It's enough if this book simply confirms that what people "know" about Wirtz is, in fact, true.

http://careermisconduct.com/introduction.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad