Confirmed with Link: Michael Pezzetta re-signed (1 year, 2-way, 750k/82.5k)

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Ax and Smash are both back in Laval, nice :thumbu:

skysports-ax-and-smash-demolition-wwe_3851718.jpg

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Very happy with this. Hoped it could have been a longer term, though..!

I really hope we gonna give him a chance on our fourth line next season before we loose him. We need a player like him.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Very happy with this. Hoped it could have been a longer term, though..!

I really hope we gonna give him a chance on our fourth line next season before we loose him. We need a player like him.

Lose him to who? He's still RFA for a while.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Lose him to who? He's still RFA for a while.
Even after this new contract?

He is the perfect prototype of the new tough guy in today’s NHL. Can play, good speed, hit like a truck and defend teammates.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Even after this new contract?

He is the perfect prototype of the new tough guy in today’s NHL. Can play, good speed, hit like a truck and defend teammates.

Yes. He has 3 more years as RFA after this contract I believe.

This will only be his 4th year under a NHL contract.

Reactions: Hannibal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I like that guy, like montreal said he calmed down a bit and just plays smarter. Also think he has a bit of NHL potential, as a reserve, energy forward. Perhaps he could be what I thought Greg Stewart could become.

Greg Stewart, there's a name I haven't heard in a while but that's a solid comp, Pezzetta is bigger and not as physical as Stewart was more like Steve Begin if memory serves.

Dutronc

May 14, 2018
he's the king a guy you need on a 4th line. See him like Antoine Roussel 2.0 .

Just a Stefan Fournier who can skate. God Fournier was slow.

Reactions: dinodebino

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Greg Stewart, there's a name I haven't heard in a while but that's a solid comp, Pezzetta is bigger and not as physical as Stewart was more like Steve Begin if memory serves.

Will always remember that introduction as an NHL player. He was tough and could skate, had some decent hockey sense as well, just wasn't very skilled nor was the hardest worker once he thought he 'made it', and simply vanished away. I think he still was a bit more skilled than Pezzetta, which isn't saying a lot, but hopefully Pezzetta doesn't forget his work ethic if he makes it.

Reactions: montreal

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm happy they are sticking with this guy.... developing a guy like this would be really handy if he can work out... not something we have a lot of... bonus... the hair!

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
he's the king a guy you need on a 4th line. See him like Antoine Roussel 2.0 .

Just a Stefan Fournier who can skate. God Fournier was slow.

Antoine Roussel in his prime was a nasty 3rd liner with actual offensive ability. Pezzetta has never shown anything that would project close to that. His ceiling is a 4th line punching bag a la Zac Rinaldo and that's pretty much it.

Reactions: Sagikev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad