Michael Latta

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
What do u expect from him? Do u see him making the preds if there is a season this year? If so what kind of impact do u see him making?

With Gaustad re-signed and Fisher, Legwand, Spaling, and Smith all returning I don't believe Latta would start the season in Nashville, but would certainly be in line for a recall should the team need a bottom-6 center at some point during the remainder of the year. Chris Mueller is likely to be the one to get the first recall from Milwaukee at center, but Latta would challenge for it based on need.

I foresee Latta eventually developing into a Dave Bolland type center that can play both ways, drop the gloves, and fit in on a secondary scoring line.

If this is a fantasy question, I'd likely not take Latta if it wasn't a keeper league. If it was a keeper league, I might take a flyer on him based on who else is available because in the long run he's going to be a player that doesn't necessarily lead the team in points, but will put up a good number and also contribute all over the rest of the scoresheet as well.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I think he can be a #2 or #3 center or winger in the NHL. He can score and pass. He will fight just about anybody. He has 5 G and 12 A in 28 games with 83 PIMs for Milwaukee this season.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Latta is a fighter, taking on Chris Bruton. From the Admirals Roundtable and YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfHIGh3sQYI

Latta took offense to Della Rovere "Della Reese" calling out the inexperienced Ben Ryan and wanted to make a point. It had been Ryan's first pro fight.

the Ads announcer, not surprisingly, is a bit of a homer, as he made it sound like the Ads players both did well in the fights when in fact Ryan was soundly beaten and Latta lost even though he got in a couple of shots....

good to see him stick up for a teammate, but hopefully at the NHL level he only fights when really provoked, like Scooter Nichol :laugh:

love the announcers comment about "fighting a midget"....

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
the Ads announcer, not surprisingly, is a bit of a homer, as he made it sound like the Ads players both did well in the fights when in fact Ryan was soundly beaten and Latta lost even though he got in a couple of shots....

good to see him stick up for a teammate, but hopefully at the NHL level he only fights when really provoked,

Latta took offense to Della Rovere "Della Reese" calling out the inexperienced Ben Ryan and wanted to make a point. It had been Ryan's first pro fight.

I don't think Ryan won his fight. He got in a few shots but took a lot more from an experienced fighter. Clearly a mismatch, kind of like Thornton-Nichol, but that is "Della Reese's" MO. Peoria has 4 more games to play in Milwaukee this season. The fans here have long memories and good lungs.

All of Latta's fights look like that. He doesn't fight the smallest (or weakest, or non-fighter) skater on the other team, like "Della Reese" apparently does. He takes his helmet off and squares up to the other guy. In the April 1, 2012 brawl with Rockford, Latta ended up skating around bare chested. He still wanted to fight another IceHog after losing his jersey, shoulder pads and T-shirt. You gotta like that attitude in a forward! Like I said, Latta will fight just about anybody, regardless of potential outcome.

Milwaukee doesn't have a heavy weight AHL fighter, like a Stortini, this season. So guys have to stand up to the bullies when the chance comes. That is what Ryan did. Latta wanted a pound of flesh to send a massage to Della Reese, Peoria and Dave Allison. In that regard, both Admirals were suscessful. I can live with that.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

I don't think Ryan won his fight. He got in a few shots but took a lot more from an experienced fighter. Clearly a mismatch, kind of like Thornton-Nichol, but that is "Della Reese's" MO. Peoria has 4 more games to play in Milwaukee this season. The fans here have long memories and good lungs.

All of Latta's fights look like that. He doesn't fight the smallest (or weakest, or non-fighter) skater on the other team, like "Della Reese" apparently does. He takes his helmet off and squares up to the other guy. In the April 1, 2012 brawl with Rockford, Latta ended up skating around bare chested. He still wanted to fight another IceHog after losing his jersey, shoulder pads and T-shirt. You gotta like that attitude in a forward! Like I said, Latta will fight just about anybody, regardless of potential outcome.

Milwaukee doesn't have a heavy weight AHL fighter, like a Stortini, this season. So guys have to stand up to the bullies when the chance comes. That is what Ryan did. Latta wanted a pound of flesh to send a massage to Della Reese, Peoria and Dave Allison. In that regard, both Admirals were suscessful. I can live with that.

dont get me wrong what Latta did is exactly the thing you'd want to see but my point is he will hopefully be a guy who primarily plays the game and only fights when necessary, not just running around agitating like Tootoo did most of his time here

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
He needs to be more disciplined and choose his battles better, but he's got a good future. It might not be with the Preds because of the glut of similar players we have but it's not really his fault if that's the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad