NBA Michael Jordan in serious talks to sell his majority stake in the Hornets

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Knowing his competitive nature, ain’t no way he’s letting this be his last time of owning a team. Reinsdorf should be expecting a phone call.

Last edited:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Bulls fans should not want any part of a Michael Jordan ownership if this is what you are referring to.
They would be right to fear a Jordan ownership.

But I wonder if the fan base has been begging for a new owner. This franchise hasn’t exactly been stellar since MJ left 25 years ago. Only 3 50+ win seasons and one ECF appearance.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m wondering if he’s positioning himself for an expansion team.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They would be right to fear a Jordan ownership.

But I wonder if the fan base has been begging for a new owner. This franchise hasn’t exactly been stellar since MJ left 25 years ago. Only 3 50+ win seasons and one ECF appearance.

Jerry is 87 and the plan is for his kids to takeover team when he retires or passes

MJ is disaster as executive/owner so no thanks on that.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
makes sense. its a business investment for him.

He paid what 175 million and if he sells he is estimated to walk away with over 1 billion.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
They can't be any worse than Jordan was.

How exactly is an owner bad though? Did the ownership group supply enough $$ to the team, and the GM/coach didn't get the talent and didn't get the most out of the players? I mean, seriously, the owners should really just be there to supply the money, and the on court success relies on other positions.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
How exactly is an owner bad though? Did the ownership group supply enough $$ to the team, and the GM/coach didn't get the talent and didn't get the most out of the players? I mean, seriously, the owners should really just be there to supply the money, and the on court success relies on other positions.

But aside from this, few people in the media are willing to criticize him for his bad decisions. Everything goes back to his playing days. "Oh but he's the GOAT" debatable. "He's a Tar Heel", yeah I don't like UNC so I don't care. One of those ESPN shows that continues to kiss his ass actually tried to debate that's he's a better owner than given credit for because he drafted LaMelo Ball, come on, you and me and everyone else with a brain could have made that pick.

Sadly he's the best owner the franchise has ever had. He's never f***ed with the community like Shinn did or send the team on a 5 game road trip to end the year like Bob Johnson did (did this to make room for a horse show at the arena that his daughter was involved with, 100 people mostly friends and family of the riders showed up).

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
At least the new owners won't be shielded from criticism here. No more of this "But but, he's the GOAT!" horseshit.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
oh he is the GOAT alright. just not the GOAT nba owner. but in respect he is the GOAT business man. bought in for 275 Mil and cashed out at 3 Bill. daaammmnnn
Every NBA franchise now is worth in the billions. All kudos to the NBA as a whole for making their league a true global brand in the 21st century. Cuban bought the Mavs for $285M. Imagine their worth now.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad