Michael Houser, G - London Knights

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
I think at the rates he's going I can see 4th round ish. If he continues his strong player maybe creep up to the 3rd round.

He's been a true bright spot in London this year.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I think at the rates he's going I can see 4th round ish. If he continues his strong player maybe creep up to the 3rd round.

He's been a true bright spot in London this year.

what kind of defense does London have this year?

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
what kind of defense does London have this year?

Not great...Scott Harrington is 16 and has been the most consistent since he's returned from his broken wrist. Mike D'Orazio is good but proned to turnovers, we had a useless forward playing D and doing a alright job.

It's not pretty back there. He has been lights out in most games for us. His last start was probably his worst. He's definitly a diamond in the rough type.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Not great...Scott Harrington is 16 and has been the most consistent since he's returned from his broken wrist. Mike D'Orazio is good but proned to turnovers, we had a useless forward playing D and doing a alright job.

It's not pretty back there. He has been lights out in most games for us. His last start was probably his worst. He's definitly a diamond in the rough type.

thanks for the info!

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Michael Houser-G London Knights

Where is he supposed to go in the draft?

I'd like the Thrashers to pick him up because he shares the same name with the late Georgia based Widespread Panic guitarist Michael Houser.

houser2.jpg

Widespread Panic actually has a banner hanging from Philips Arena for 15 straight sell out concerts so it would be pretty cool/ ironic for 2 Michael Housers to electrify Atlanta crowds in the same building.

Default101

He's going to go anywhere from 2nd to 5th round. I can't see teams passing on him to the 5th, i would expect him to be a mid-late 3rd round pick. He is, in fact younger than most eligible goaltenders so t hat should add to his earlier selection as well.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
I think your she him in the 4th-6th rounds. He had a shacky finish to the season. His goaltending coach can be thanked for the lower draft pick.

This kid is full of talent too bad his goalie coach is trying to change his style of play.

hockeydadx2*

Looks like his goalie coach knocked him out of the draft entirely. Seems like a shame, since he was once projected as high as the second round on some lists. Would this mean that he would prefer to go elsewhere next year unless the goalie coach goes?

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Looks like his goalie coach knocked him out of the draft entirely. Seems like a shame, since he was once projected as high as the second round on some lists. Would this mean that he would prefer to go elsewhere next year unless the goalie coach goes?

Nope, Houser is pretty much guaranteed to be the #1 goalie in London this season. He was a backup last year.

Surprised he wasn't picked, Houser has potential and is going to get the PT to develop this season.

playthetrap*

Houser is very athletic and moves great laterally. His rebound control seemed to deteriorate as the season went on as did with Hutchinson, thanks to the goalie coach! He still has all the tools but it was disappointing to not see him go today.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Still extremely young, only made this draft by a couple days.

If he does well as a starter next year he'll be picked in 2011.

JawandaPuck

Lost Art of Dynasty
Apr 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
jawandapuck.blogspot.com
I think your she him in the 4th-6th rounds. He had a shacky finish to the season. His goaltending coach can be thanked for the lower draft pick.

This kid is full of talent too bad his goalie coach is trying to change his style of play.

How did he do this season? Did the goalie coach ruin him for life? The numbers look pretty good.

Season Team League GP SO GAA Sv% W L T
2010-11 London OHL 54 1 3.32 0.904 30 19 5

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
How did he do this season? Did the goalie coach ruin him for life? The numbers look pretty good.

Season Team League GP SO GAA Sv% W L T
2010-11 London OHL 54 1 3.32 0.904 30 19 5

Houser was London's MVP throughtout the season and the playoffs.

I believe he had two 50+ save efforts against Owen Sound in the playoffs, and carried the load throughout the season which became all the more difficult when London traded away alot of their vets (Erlich, D'Orazio, Varone).

Very athletic, good rebound control, good lateral movement.

arsmaster*

I was surprised the Canucks didnt tender him an offer after their prospects tourney last year.

I could see him go undrafted again this year, 5th rounder at the earliest IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad