Confirmed with Link: Michael Ferland unofficially retired?

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I don't understand how there isn't an outright retirement, contract off the books, if a player starts a new job and it's clear will not play in the league anymore.

He got injured on the job. It would be like getting injured on a job site, not being able to perform your duties anymore and WCB just cuts you off because you can't return one day.

KingofSurrey

Jan 15, 2020
in da hood
Just another case of Generous Jim and the ongoing saga of overpaying for broken down past their prime players...

I think Ferland's story is chapter 8 but don't worry.... Generous Jim just keeping writing more and more chapters to this story........

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Confirms what I've wondered about all along.....if the owners were aware of Ferland's injury history and determined that his contract was 'uninsurable' , and still went ahead with a four year contract offer, then they're not fit to be owners of an NHL hockey team.

I always thought this contract was totally on Benning and the team medical staff......but if the owner is up to his eyeballs in it, then he has nobody to blame but himself. As other posters have pointed out, they've blown close to $50m on two totally useless players--Eriksson and Ferland.

Reactions: KingofSurrey

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Confirms what I've wondered about all along.....if the owners were aware of Ferland's injury history and determined that his contract was 'uninsurable' , and still went ahead with a four year contract offer, then they're not fit to be owners of an NHL hockey team.

I always thought this contract was totally on Benning and the team medical staff......but if the owner is up to his eyeballs in it, then he has nobody to blame but himself. As other posters have pointed out, they've blown close to $50m on two totally useless players--Eriksson and Ferland.
Owner would have to know. I’d want to know if I was the owner if a player getting $14 mill would not be covered by insurance. That would require my approval.
Personally I would have come back with a 2 year deal at $4 mill to $4.25 mill per to protect myself.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
To everyone bad mouthing Benning, could we at least limit that to the management thread and pay some respects to Ferland who gave everything to the team?

Ferland coming back in the playoffs, he didn't need to do that, but he did. Ferland deserves respect.

Also, had he not have gotten a concussion again, imagine his impact on the team?

Reactions: Hammer79

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad