Player Discussion Michael Del Zotto

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I'm not a fan of Del Zotto, but he's been fine this season. We're not living or dying based on how Del Zotto plays.

Reactions: MilesNewton

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Maybe this time he'll get them a 5th but if Deslauriers can get a 4th then maybe a 4th at the deadline. Along with the Ducks acquiring a RHD like Risto.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I don't think they should trade him. If he keeps up his solid play I'd try to extend him 2 more years for 2 mil or so if he's willing take it. Smart player that knows his limitations at this point of his career. Ideal 6-7 veteran defenseman IMO

He is also a former duck on a one way deal and Eakins probably likes his work ethic and vet presence.

The only thing that I wish he would do is be more physical, part of why I think Holzer is still sticking around outside of being a good character guy.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
The only thing that I wish he would do is be more physical, part of why I think Holzer is still sticking around outside of being a good character guy.

The main reason I think Holzer is sticking around is handedness. Other than him, Manson is the only RHD we have on the roster and Chris Wideman (IMO) is the only other RHD in the system who is a viable NHL option (Hunter Drew is probably at least 2 years away) even if we have guys who may be comfortable playing on their off-side.

Reactions: MilesNewton

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
The main reason I think Holzer is sticking around is handedness. Other than him, Manson is the only RHD we have on the roster and Chris Wideman (IMO) is the only other RHD in the system who is a viable NHL option (Hunter Drew is probably at least 2 years away) even if we have guys who may be comfortable playing on their off-side.
I think the main reasons he's here are: 1) he isn't paid very much bu NHL standards; 2) he comes to practice every day and works hard; 3) he's ready to play when they need him, and 4) he knows his role and doesn't complain about it. Guys like that are a joy to management, and I'm glad he's here.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I remember prior to the 2008 draft, one of the most popular discussions was who would get picked first: Del Zotto, Sbisa or Colby Robak. It just occured to me that all three ended up playing for the Ducks.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Did Del Zotto had some injuries? At one point he was compared with Fowler and producing good numbers.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Did Del Zotto had some injuries? At one point he was compared with Fowler and producing good numbers.

Yeah he had a bad wrist injury and a few other issues over the years. He also wasn’t exactly known for taking care of himself when he was younger, it sounds like his time where he dropped very quickly down the depth chart in Vancouver may have been a bit of a wake up call in terms of his off ice habits.

He was also never close to as good as Fowler even if rangers fans claim he was.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yeah he had a bad wrist injury and a few other issues over the years. He also wasn’t exactly known for taking care of himself when he was younger, it sounds like his time where he dropped very quickly down the depth chart in Vancouver may have been a bit of a wake up call in terms of his off ice habits.

He was also never close to as good as Fowler even if rangers fans claim he was.
Well, he scored 37 and 41 points, that was good to get the hype, albeit he had a bad season in between these two.

In Blues Cup celebrations MDZ looked ripped, so looks like at least he is taking very good care of himself. Seems like a good depth guy to have, I haven`t noticed anything bad from him plus he probably can share some stories with others from the Blues run, hopefully it inspires some guys

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Well, he scored 37 and 41 points, that was good to get the hype, albeit he had a bad season in between these two.

In Blues Cup celebrations MDZ looked ripped, so looks like at least he is taking very good care of himself. Seems like a good depth guy to have, I haven`t noticed anything bad from him plus he probably can share some stories with others from the Blues run, hopefully it inspires some guys

Yeah offensively he might have been better but Cam was miles better defensively. Del Zotto was very sheltered in those early days in NY.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I don't think Del Zotto has done anything to impress. Surprised he isn't up for a trade for even if its for a pick.
The third pairing shooting wise is not a threat at all. Del Zotto is lucky he is on a oneway deal.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I don't think Del Zotto has done anything to impress. Surprised he isn't up for a trade for even if its for a pick.
The third pairing shooting wise is not a threat at all. Del Zotto is lucky he is on a oneway deal.
Holzer is injured. Why would we trade him? They’d likely need to then trade for another body to replace him.

He will likely be gone at the trade deadline.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Holzer is injured. Why would we trade him? They’d likely need to then trade for another body to replace him.

We have enough guys with the Gulls that could take his place. I agree I would unload him at the deadline if there are any takers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad