Signing(s): Michael Brantley re-signs with the Astros (2 years, $32 million)

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Because why? Brantley is DH. Tellez is expendable.

Tellez is expendable but he’s still a very good bat. Check his stats from last year. Small sample sizes in his career but he’s a young player.

You don’t sign older guys like Brantley and Springer and then get rid of your young cost controlled talent.

Grichuk should be the guy to go and I don’t really care about the return. If Lourdes is getting traded it better be for something REAL good

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Embarrassing day for baseball journalists on twitter.

Jays should use their money to get Trevor Bauer at this stage. He'd drive the likes of Steve Simmons crazy before long and we'd all be better for it.

Agreed on all fronts. Never understood the Brantley to the Jays thing. We’ve got 4 good OF options with the Springer signing, why make it 5.

We need more pitching and Bauer would piss so many people off here it would be great

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah i wasn't super high on Brantley either given his injury history and the fact he's 33 already.

If Bauer is willing to play in Canada then throw all of the money at him. They've got a hair over 30 million left before they hit the tax so i'm sure that would be enough to at least throw him a competitive offer

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Glad he's back although I have concerns about his health. Can he play LF full time? No spot for DH with Alvarez taking that up and even though Alvarez wants to, don't want him playing in the OF,especially after his double knee surgery (although I think the Astros said they will decide during Spring training.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Embarrassing day for baseball journalists on twitter.

Jays should use their money to get Trevor Bauer at this stage. He'd drive the likes of Steve Simmons crazy before long and we'd all be better for it.
I would have offered Bauer the contract Springer got. Maybe even add 5 million per year to it.

Springer is good. But Bauer would have filled a bigger need.

Unless Bauer has made it known to the Blue Jays that he isn't interested in Toronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad