Trade: [MIA/ARZ] Josh Rosen to Dolphins

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Terrible value considering where they drafted him a year ago but if Murray is who they think he is, they'll get over it pretty quickly. I don't have an issue with using assets to take QBs until you get it right. In this case though, I guess you could argue they never really gave Rosen a chance.

I like the gamble for the Dolphins but that's not a great situation for a young QB to go into. He could also be right back in this same spot next offseason.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh ok, so the Cardinals got another pick.

Terrible value considering where they drafted him a year ago but if Murray is who they think he is, they'll get over it pretty quickly. I don't have an issue with using assets to take QBs until you get it right. In this case though, I guess you could argue they never really gave Rosen a chance.

I like the gamble for the Dolphins but that's not a great situation for a young QB to go into. He could also be right back in this same spot next offseason.

In any other situation, it would be a case where the value is someone else's problem, issue is that this is the same GM, and he and the owner hired a coach for specific reasons.

The Dolphins don't have to pay him the bonuses, but also makes it easier for them to give up if they're in the top 10 next year. Cardinals have $8M in dead space. But the reports have been that he's had a great attitude with the writing clearly on the wall. Most QB's make their biggest jump in this off-season, and maybe this tells you that the Patriots were thinking about him last year. Odd situation to be in for sure, you also don't like getting new coaches and coordinators in your second yea, but that would've been a problem for him anyways.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
The trade back with new Orleans to get another 2nd next year made this easier for me. Very impressed with the draft so far by the Dolphins.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

He could be a franchise quarterback, something Miami has been looking for since Marino.
Hard to believe it will be 20 years ago this year that Dan Marino played his final NFL season...

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland

I'm not going to pretend I can evaluate QB's properly, and if Rosen was that good he would've gone for higher than a low second round pick, but his situation in Arizona certainly wasn't a favorable one. Then again it might be the same in Miami anyway, but lets see.

Last edited:
Reactions: tacogeoff

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Rosen for pick 62 is an absolute steal.

It cost the cardinals a 3rd, 5th and 5th to go from pick 15 last year to pick 62 this year. Yikes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dumb move by the Cards, because they don't have a good backup. Rosen may be a steal for the Fins.

They couldn’t have Rosen and Murray in the same building. They also have Brett Hundley.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Dumb move by the Cards, because they don't have a good backup. Rosen may be a steal for the Fins.

Naa, they can get another QB later in the offseason. I don’t think Rosen got a fair shot but you cant blame them for taking Murray.
Figured the Cards had little leverage and may only get a 3rd at best.
Good move by Miami tho. Fitzpatrick is nearing the end.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Love the Rosen trade for Miami. He's going to go to a team with a better O-line and receivers than Arizona. I expect we'll see an angry and more motivated Rosen and that will lead to great things for Miami.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Love it as a Dolphins fan. Rosen didn't get anywhere near a remotely good shot to prove himself in Arizona.

The Dolphins aren't much better personnel wise, but he'll likely be given plenty of chances to take the gig and run with it. Plus he'll have a decent mentor in Fitzpatrick. Only for a second too. Very low risk with the potential of a very high reward.

If Rosen doesn't pan out, they still suck anyway and can still easily get another QB in next year's draft. Perfect.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Rosen seems like a douche.

So many entitled QBs in this league who have never done shit and never will.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00