NHL Entry Draft: MHN 2023 1st Round Mock Draft

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
It is pretty rock solid logic. There's no defenseman in the Coyotes top 10 because they have a coach who prefers to play 11forwards and 7 ds. Can't argue with that.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
It is pretty rock solid logic. There's no defenseman in the Coyotes top 10 because they have a coach who prefers to play 11forwards and 7 ds. Can't argue with that.
What? How can a person argue with which doesn't make sense?
The Coyotes will not waste the 6th overall on the upcoming draft on any available D. Picking because of lack of a top end blueliner and not best player available is asinine. If the draft goes as the way of the hfboards mock, then the Coyotes will pick 1 of Benson, Dvorsky, or Leonard. Reinbacher doesn't belong in that tier! However, it has been reported that they are interested in Maxim Strbak. Most likely he will be picked somewhere in the 2nd round.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Reinbacher is very much in Dvorsky's tier. They'll go within 3 or 4 picks of each other in either order if I had to guess. They literally went 7 and 8 in the hf mock. That's the same tier.

Reactions: Gecklund

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Reinbacher is very much in Dvorsky's tier. They'll go within 3 or 4 picks of each other in either order if I had to guess. They literally went 7 and 8 in the hf mock. That's the same tier.
So what team do you scout for?

Anyways, that's where the drop off occurs and Reinbacher may indeed go 1st in the next tier, as his floor is quite high and he is a RHD. Benson size and getting hurt will likely drop him a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Quincy

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Interesting that JJ Moser is younger than Soderstrom and was picked 60th OA. I like Artem Duda and think Lamoureux, as a long term project, will turn into a stud. Vladislav Kolyachonok is dependable in his own zone.

Everything you posted shows that you know little about the Coyotes organization. Getting Moser as an overager in the 3rd round shows we have one of the better scouting departments and can find talent in the later rounds. Hearing Bill Armstrong talk about a swarming offense tells me he wants at least 9 top 6 forwards.
We got Valimaki as a waiver claim and he is pretty solid as a 2nd pairing.
Having Chayka trading a 1st and a 2nd and then having the league take away a 1st and a 2nd gutted the prospect pool, and not the way the Coyotes have drafted since then.
Soderstrom is over a year younger than Moser.

• Haha
Reactions: ZDH

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
How dare a coyotes fan express their opinion on a message board without first hand knowledge of what the team is doing.
He absolutely can, but if he's going to use his fandom to try and say that he has greater knowledge than others, and then proceeds to get his facts blatantly wrong, it's ok to say that his opinion is just that.. and opinion, and not fact.

Reactions: Gecklund

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
He absolutely can, but if he's going to use his fandom to try and say that he has greater knowledge than others, and then proceeds to get his facts blatantly wrong, it's ok to say that his opinion is just that.. and opinion, and not fact.
Thanks doc...
I admit that when I looked up birthdates ,I didn't pay attention to the year, oops! But he is not over a year older, 8 months... and drafted 2 years after.
Reinbacher may have a high floor, but the 3 forwards have a much higher ceiling.
When I mentioned the concept of 11f's & 7d's, it means relying on forwards more than usual and giving them more playing time and keeping the d rested, or as Bill Armstrong puts it, giving playing time for those that are making the most money. It's to help the defense be more effective when a team doesn't have an adequate amount of high end players, or an elite goalie and give the team a better chance at a win. The team is in a rebuild and there is no top end d in this years draft. I see Reinbacher as a very good 2nd pairing RHD and the Coyotes not close to having an overabundance of prospects to even consider 1 position over another.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad