Signing(s): Mets sign Todd Frazier (2 years/17 M)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is going to start happening, dominoes will start to fall on some pretty cheap deals. If Frazier provides similar WAR as previous years, this is a steal.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I still think that LoMo might end up being the biggest steal of free agency if this market holds up. Mets got a great deal here for Frazier.

Cheese Wagstaff

Dec 11, 2017
Loved him as a Yankee, but I really don't trust his skill set to age well.

Will be cool to see him play in that Williamsport game this year though.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Perfect example of my point in the offseason thread. This guy had a 3.4 WAR season last year and is being underpaid in both term and aav while the owners are pocketing record profits. The Trout's and Harper's of the game won't be impacted by this, but the insanely huge middle tier of above average players certainly are.

Reactions: Voight

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Perfect example of my point in the offseason thread. This guy had a 3.4 WAR season last year and is being underpaid in both term and aav while the owners are pocketing record profits. The Trout's and Harper's of the game won't be impacted by this, but the insanely huge middle tier of above average players certainly are.

He blinked first because he didn't want to wait on the players ahead of him to sign.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean he isn't getting what he should be.

He's going to be 32. He was always going to be lucky if a team gave him a 3+ year deal. If his power numbers start to decline, then his value tanks.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
He's going to be 32. He was always going to be lucky if a team gave him a 3+ year deal. If his power numbers start to decline, then his value tanks.

Will be interesting to see if the change to Citi Field has any effect on his power numbers as well. Majority of games played in a small stadium like Cincy and then with NYY this year. Chicago is a fairly neutral site and he did put up 40 HR their two years ago though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad