Metroho.com

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Played it around ten or so years ago too for like half a year. Tried to get back into it a few times but always forgot about it. I even had the membership for a while. The idea is super cool but it was kind of dated

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020
Wait is shut down? f***. I've been playing for 10 years. Lots of great childhood memories.
Yeah. Got back into it a few weeks ago. The league i was in was pretty active and a day before the draft, i can't log on, type in metro.com and see what happens, it's completely gone

Reactions: ujju2

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I paid and played this game for a long time. It's been dying for a long while now. Eventually, I decided to quit a few years ago when it got to the point that I'd subscribe through paypal, and my account wouldn't actually get the subscription for a couple of weeks after I'd paid, and Adam wouldn't respond to messages for about that long, if at all.

In its heyday, though, it was darn fun! There are next to no web based hockey sims out there, and the others I've tried have been pretty not great. I really enjoyed it.

Reactions: ujju2

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020
I'm not sure what can possibly make a website like that shut down? I didn't even receive any kind of email or anything regarding the site closing down

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I paid and played this game for a long time. It's been dying for a long while now. Eventually, I decided to quit a few years ago when it got to the point that I'd subscribe through paypal, and my account wouldn't actually get the subscription for a couple of weeks after I'd paid, and Adam wouldn't respond to messages for about that long, if at all.

In its heyday, though, it was darn fun! There are next to no web based hockey sims out there, and the others I've tried have been pretty not great. I really enjoyed it.

I remember about 10 years ago there was one called Trophy Hockey, run by the same people that continue to run Trophy Manager (a great web-based soccer sim). It was awesome, but unfortunately those folks decided to scrap it and concentrate on their main game. Shame, because it was the only hockey sim I remember ever being better than Metroho, even with its lack of refinement due to its short lifespan.

I assume Adam is the guy that runs Metroho. If the address for donations is where he lives, he lives about two minutes away from where I live haha. Although I can't remember the exact address now (I was never a donor).

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Did anybody ever play this? It was an online hockey stimulator but the site shut down completely out of nowhere. Just want to know what happened if anybody knows.

Metroho is back!!!

08/16/2020 03:14:03 - METROHO will officially restart on Saturday, August 22 to give everyone fair notice that the game is back. Due to unexpected hardware failure in late July, the game went offline and data was lost. The game has been put on a new server, but because of the data loss, there has been a rollback of a few days from the time of the crash. Apologies for this unfortunate incident and all the best to everyone going forward.

Reactions: Rangers394

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020
Metroho is back!!!

08/16/2020 03:14:03 - METROHO will officially restart on Saturday, August 22 to give everyone fair notice that the game is back. Due to unexpected hardware failure in late July, the game went offline and data was lost. The game has been put on a new server, but because of the data loss, there has been a rollback of a few days from the time of the crash. Apologies for this unfortunate incident and all the best to everyone going forward.
Oh wow, that's awesome. Thanks for letting me know, can't wait to get back on

Rangers394

Aug 5, 2020
This looks pretty interesting! Have been in an EHM bummer lately (haven't played in about a month), this similar to it with drafting and everything?
Metroho has scouting you can do with credits you earn from winning games. I never played EHM but the drafting system in metroho is basic but fun. Definitely look into it if you want, it's a pretty fun game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad