News Article: Messier has no hard feelings towards NYR

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
.....and this bridge out the window behind me here, well it's yours for the right price.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I'd bet we'd be tougher and have no qualms about answering the call when a line mate gets run with Coach Messier.
What a crock. The team isn't filled with a bunch of tough guys to begin with. What's Coach Messier gonna do? Jump on the ice and punch someone in the face himself? Give it a rest

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Sadly, I don't think this team could be any worse under Mess.

actually, we could be ALOT worse.

Show me the system that Messier would use that would be half as good as the crap we are seeing now?

There isn't one.

The devil you know, is ALWAYS better than the devil you don't.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
And I have no hard feelings against Mess.

He went for a job, didn't get it, and took another job offer instead of sticking around. I did the same thing a few months ago, and I'm sure most of us have at some point.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

I'd bet we'd be tougher and have no qualms about answering the call when a line mate gets run with Coach Messier.

Messier was 7 feet tall. Kills men by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume the NHL with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his ass.

ZacUSNYR

Mar 16, 2009
Upstate, NY
Could you imagine this start if he got the gig? Wow! No thanks. Let's keep his legacy in good standing with this organization.

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
Could you imagine this start if he got the gig? Wow! No thanks. Let's keep his legacy in good standing with this organization.

legacy in good standing? ... then he never should have come back from vancouver...

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
You know lost in all the Mess hate is that our illustrious GM went to HIM to offer him the job

So think on that for a moment. Our GM approached a guy with NO coaching experience and asked him to take the job. If we believe this interview Mess told Slats to do his due diligence and look at everyone

So it is just another instance where Slats makes knee jerk decisions and moves. And Mark Messier told him to take a step back and do his job.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad