Merrry Ramblings

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
not going all Elliotte Freidman here but 5 observations while I decide do I really want to go to the gym and face traffic or head to the corner bar for steak tips and beer and watch football

1. THE BRUINS POWER PLAY IS MUST WATCH

incredible. Whoever came up with this is brilliant. All 5 Bruins have high skills and hockey IQ with specific roles. It's amazing- especially live. Three centers on it- all very good playmakers able to find openings- constant movement but in a centralized area.

its art not a power play

2. OPPOSITES DO ATTRACT

Bergeron and Marchand if they aren't the best 200 foot duo in hockey I'd like to know who is.

They may be opposite in appearance and perception but they are on the same page like no pair I've seen since Barry Pederson and Rick Middleton back in the early 1980's.

Marchand is having an MVP year. You have to look beyond points with this guy. An elite PK, very dangerous on the second power play when he has space. They have to sign this guy long term asap.

When Kelly went down its as if Marchand took a chunk of his close friends leadership.

He is on this current rosters Mt Rushmore as of today.

3. FRANKIE V & PASTA

one hat trick don't make a spring of playoff hockey- however, the way this kid plays the game bodes very well for anyone who has any love for the Bruins

the 10 goals in 10 AHL games is eye opening enough

but the shot, the back checking, the anticipation, the fearlessness to go to the net

he's advanced

as for Pastrnak

I forgot he was a teen until I realized he can play in the WJ; tremendous upside, and seeing him at the Boston Seaport, he either has fantastic posture or he looks pretty solid- not small by any means. I can see Pasta going 190+ sooner rather than later- and he's got to be close to 6 feet.

He's charismatic and sure appears to fit in great with this team

having two such young wingers that average 20 years old that can help this team now is a blessing...the future appears very bright on the wings

there are also more in Providence and juniors- keep an eye on former Providence college standout center Noel Acciari who broke his jaw after starting to play some very good hockey....liked him and got a very good feeling we may have something here

4. CLAUDE JULIEN

The guy just keeps surviving and getting stronger. If you don't like Claude folks I got bad news he may be here for awhile He looks like double digit years as a coach is going to happen.

And when you have such elite leadership in Bergeron, Krejci, Chara, Kelly, Krug, Marchand, Seidenberg who buy into Claude, it makes it easier for Julien to focus on the Spooners, Millers, Vatranos, Pastas etc

5. LANDON FERRARO

to bad he did not get that goal last night- it was legit and he got screwed but once again he played very well; recently 24 but with over 300 AHL games and a Calder Cup, and an average of 20 goals an AHL season, and a golden hockey background/upbringing with dad and organization this could be a Chris Kelly like 600+ games NHL bottom 6 glue guy.

quite fun so far, more than I thought and the present and future look good which is all you can ask

that's all I got, hope everyone is enjoying this team and health to you and yours, and the Bruins (I'll throw Patriots in as well since its my post)

it would be a nice touch/twist to beat Montreal on New Years to pass them in the standings

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
You summed up my feelings from last nights game quite well Dan! The overall play and leadership, the ingredients thrown in by Don Sweeney sure looks enticing. They still have a chance of NOT making it to the playoffs but OH BOY if/when they get there WATCH OUT because they're going to put a hurt on a lot of teams.

****BTW: Best post ever Wally!

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The only question Sweeney had about Claude was were the players still listening to him. That has been answered in a resounding way.

I now expect Julien will pass Milt Schmidt and Art Ross to become the all time Bruins leader in games coach next season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wally?

Did I accidentally put Wally on ignore? :laugh:

Haha

I've met Wally and its an honor to be mistaken for him. And I met you as well and I'll say you are both perfect gentleman. Me on the other hand :help:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The only question Sweeney had about Claude was were the players still listening to him. That has been answered in a resounding way.

I now expect Julien will pass Milt Schmidt and Art Ross to become the all time Bruins leader in games coach next season.

Agree and as long as the Cup core & the Krug's are in place the youngsters will learn the right way and not try and do things their way

Claude seriously may get 10 or more years here rack up historic points and find his way in HOF some day

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
I always enjoy your posts DKH and this may be one of your best. All excellent points.

Frankie V and Ferraro have been great additions but this PP has been the biggest surprise to me. Like you said with the three centers they have so many more options than years past where they just moved it back to the point and blasted away.

This team is so much more entertaining to watch than last year. I hope it continues.

All the best to you and your family as well.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Haha

I've met Wally and its an honor to be mistaken for him. And I met you as well and I'll say you are both perfect gentleman. Me on the other hand :help:

Ribs with you and the daughter - Kirk calls us in the middle of dinner - all that was missing was putting him on speaker phone for everyone in the restaurant to hear.

Julien is an excellent coach despite not being liked by some.

I've always, always said "believe in the system, execute the system." Julien will get you there if the players buy into those two things.

Of course, Sweeney providing the players that will buy into it is a big help.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Nice post Dan See you tomorrow ?

No going to cousins house for double header of Pats-Bruins

I am already getting excited ;)

I got Tues, Sat, next Tues, WC but I got best friend's who want tix for their kids so probably miss one or two

Really excited about this team - young players giving me hope and optimism

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
This team has been so much fun to watch this season. I try to temper my expectations but the way things have been going lately it's getting harder all the time. So much to be optimistic about going forward too.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Ribs with you and the daughter - Kirk calls us in the middle of dinner - all that was missing was putting him on speaker phone for everyone in the restaurant to hear.

Julien is an excellent coach despite not being liked by some.

I've always, always said "believe in the system, execute the system." Julien will get you there if the players buy into those two things.

Of course, Sweeney providing the players that will buy into it is a big help.

Yah we had a great time and you showed me around the Home of the Knights - fun time

Did u hear Kirk today - seemed very positive on Sensyshyn, Lauxon, and JFK especially from last draft class

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
What a pickup Ferraro has been.
He's been an underrated part to this team's success.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yeah kudo's to DS for being astute and quick enough on the button to grab Ferraro and not see him snatched up by the likes of Montreal etc.

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yah we had a great time and you showed me around the Home of the Knights - fun time

Did u hear Kirk today - seemed very positive on Sensyshyn, Lauxon, and JFK especially from last draft class

I did

I'm waiting patiently for his release next month on the Bruins prospect rankings in the New England Hockey Journal.

Kirk has his work cut out for him this time. It's been a while that he's had to rank some promising young players ;)

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Agree and as long as the Cup core & the Krug's are in place the youngsters will learn the right way and not try and do things their way

Claude seriously may get 10 or more years here rack up historic points and find his way in HOF some day

I think Julien is approaching Hall of Fame numbers now. If he finishes next season his numbers will be very close to Pat Burns and unlike Burns he will be honored shortly after he retires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad