Men's NCAA Basketball Tournament to be held entirely in Indiana

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
OK, given there are still a number of people who only have an antenna to provide them television, I've proposed, as I have for years, that non-CBS local stations simulcast games airing nationally on a WarnerMedia network if it involves a team of local interest.

The first picks would be by CW affiliates, as CBS and WarnerMedia's Warner Bros. co-own the network.

If there are overlapping Turner games of local interest, the second pick would go to sister stations of CBS affiliates that are NOT CW affiliates, in markets that have them.

For the rare instances of three overlapping games, the next pick would be by sister stations of CW affiliates that are NOT CBS affiliates, in markets that have them.

After that, simulcast rights would be bid upon by the remaining ABC, Fox, and NBC stations, in markets where it would be necessary to do so.

This is not unlike the NFL rule requiring games on ESPN to be made available over the air in the primary markets of the participating teams.

Generally, these stations would have locally-produced pregame and postgame shows surrounding these simulcasts.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
OK, given there are still a number of people who only have an antenna to provide them television, I've proposed, as I have for years, that non-CBS local stations simulcast games airing nationally on a WarnerMedia network if it involves a team of local interest.

The first picks would be by CW affiliates, as CBS and WarnerMedia's Warner Bros. co-own the network.

If there are overlapping Turner games of local interest, the second pick would go to sister stations of CBS affiliates that are NOT CW affiliates, in markets that have them.

For the rare instances of three overlapping games, the next pick would be by sister stations of CW affiliates that are NOT CBS affiliates, in markets that have them.

After that, simulcast rights would be bid upon by the remaining ABC, Fox, and NBC stations, in markets where it would be necessary to do so.

This is not unlike the NFL rule requiring games on ESPN to be made available over the air in the primary markets of the participating teams.

Generally, these stations would have locally-produced pregame and postgame shows surrounding these simulcasts.
You realize Turner pays for most of the rights, right? To get people to subscribe to their networks...

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I don't think you know what "precedent" means.

March Madness used to be available online for free! Then Turner got involved, a 'new precedent' was set, and now it is paywalled.

Reactions: DaveG
Sep 19, 2008
It'd be nice if Archie could get them in. Been a tumultuous season for the Hoosiers but seems like they are starting to steal some wins (vs Iowa)

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad