Men's League/High School/Youth Hockey/Sled Hockey thread

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I created this thread so we can talk about local hockey here in Nashville. I'll eventually add links to the rinks, leagues, pro shops, etc in the area.

Facility Name | # OF Sheets | Address A Game Sportsplex |
2​
|
215 Gothic Ct. Franklin, TN 37067​
|
Centennial Sportsplex |
2​
|
222 25th Ave. N. Nashville, TN 37203​
Ford Ice Center |
2​
|
5264 Hickory Hollow Pkwy. Antioch, TN 37013​

For now though, anyone have any openings on their men's league teams? At this point I'm probably a Lower B/C player due to not being in any sort of shape to skate a full game.

Last edited:

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
I guess I'll throw in a quick note about sled hockey in Nashville. We are entering our 4th year with the Jr Sled Preds and 3rd year with the adult Sled Preds. With combined practices, we often have over 20 players on ice.

Our adult team is growing in numbers and skill level. In the past month, we've picked up 4 wounded warriors who add speed and physicality to our lineup. We're getting close to running 3 skilled lines. We hosted the Atlanta Sparks last weekend and split our roster to play 5 games. Give this current group of Sled Preds a year or two of playing together and they'll make some noise. It will be interesting to see how fast they mesh before the Nationals in Buffalo this April.

Our Jr team is improving just by having the kids grow and gain experience over 4 years. Instead of guys 7-12 years old, our stronger skaters are now 11-16 years old. The Jr Sled Preds have upcoming tourneys in Ft. Wayne, IN (Feb 7-8), Ft. Myers, FL (Mar. 13-15), and Buffalo, NY (Apr. 9-12).

If you meet folks that might enjoy the sport tell them about the Sled Preds. Almost every school has one or two kids with disabilities that would love to be part of a team. Remember that many sled hockey players may not appear disabled because of prostheses or slight limps. With a few exceptions, we practice Sundays 1-2:30 at Centennial.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I guess I'll throw in a quick note about sled hockey in Nashville. We are entering our 4th year with the Jr Sled Preds and 3rd year with the adult Sled Preds. With combined practices, we often have over 20 players on ice.

Our adult team is growing in numbers and skill level. In the past month, we've picked up 4 wounded warriors who add speed and physicality to our lineup. We're getting close to running 3 skilled lines. We hosted the Atlanta Sparks last weekend and split our roster to play 5 games. Give this current group of Sled Preds a year or two of playing together and they'll make some noise. It will be interesting to see how fast they mesh before the Nationals in Buffalo this April.

Our Jr team is improving just by having the kids grow and gain experience over 4 years. Instead of guys 7-12 years old, our stronger skaters are now 11-16 years old. The Jr Sled Preds have upcoming tourneys in Ft. Wayne, IN (Feb 7-8), Ft. Myers, FL (Mar. 13-15), and Buffalo, NY (Apr. 9-12).

If you meet folks that might enjoy the sport tell them about the Sled Preds. Almost every school has one or two kids with disabilities that would love to be part of a team. Remember that many sled hockey players may not appear disabled because of prostheses or slight limps. With a few exceptions, we practice Sundays 1-2:30 at Centennial.

Awesome info, thanks for posting it! Glad to see you guys are getting even better than last year! Keep up the good work!

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
I miss my old Roller Hockey team, those were some good, fun times for sure! With all the ice around here not sure if they do much roller hockey.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I miss my old Roller Hockey team, those were some good, fun times for sure! With all the ice around here not sure if they do much roller hockey.

I used to play out in Clarksville when they had the rink out there.

We went to USA inline nationals, TORHS nationals, and NARCH nationals. Those were fun times.

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
I used to play out in Clarksville when they had the rink out there.

We went to USA inline nationals, TORHS nationals, and NARCH nationals. Those were fun times.

That is awesome! My team never got past the league championships. That was good for us though haha.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

I used to play roller hockey a lot when I was in shape. Last time I played was in Bowling Green about 2 years ago. The scoreboard clock would just run continuously down from 20:00, and I remember feeling like I was about to pass out from fatigue and looking at the clock and it said about 18:05. That was a sobering moment.

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN

Actually, until recently there was a adult roller hockey league on Sundays. We alternated between Bellevue and La Vergne, the Nashville Adult Inline Hockey League. There is a Thursday night league in La Vergne only, and a new Hendersonville league Nashville Adult Roller Hockey League. NARHL, is ran by someone who use to play in NAIHL and apparently will have some of the teams (mine is not for now, Hendersonville is to far for me). The NAIHL may also come back some day, if there is someone to run it.

La Vergne, is also ran by a former NAIHL member (I think), the quality of games though are not as good. Also, all of these games are outdoors which makes the weather a little trying sometimes.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I used to run the LaVergne pick-up but the rink was always an issue, either the surface or the lights, not to mention the boards look like the ones the Nashville Knights used....

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I used to play at Hendersonville with some friends when I was younger and had some weekday afternoons free. I think the last I saw of it was before the 2010 flood when that park was underwater.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
I used to run the LaVergne pick-up but the rink was always an issue, either the surface or the lights, not to mention the boards look like the ones the Nashville Knights used....

I wonder if we can get in contact with the Preds and the city to see if the Preds would be interested in sponsoring the rink and assisting with replacing the nets, boards, floor, and maybe a canopy or something.

Kebs

Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
I wonder if we can get in contact with the Preds and the city to see if the Preds would be interested in sponsoring the rink and assisting with replacing the nets, boards, floor, and maybe a canopy or something.

When the flood happened in 2010, they rebuilt the Bellevue rink. It has gone to crap now, but it was always a crap rink really. So it's worth a shot.

Kebs

Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN

Ha, yeah it hasn't gotten much better. The lights are better out of the 3 rinks, I've played on. It was much better than Bellevue, or Spring Hill.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I used to play at Hendersonville with some friends when I was younger and had some weekday afternoons free. I think the last I saw of it was before the 2010 flood when that park was underwater.
The rinks are there, I'm pretty sure the whole park was rebuilt. I don't know the quality of them, but I do see people out there playing sometimes.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
After a long hiatus I am getting back into beer league hockey this summer!

My biggest issue is going to be I am not out of shape but I am in terrible hockey shape. It will probably take half the season to my legs back under me. I'm playing at Centennial on a work team in Upper C which is a few leagues below where I played before I went on my long hiatus but my skills and skating have diminished a bit so I should be good. Any posters here play in that league?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Question for sled hockey. Is there any rules prohibiting a person who can walk to play sled hockey. I basically have a milder version of what Peter Forsberg has and I can't skate any more. I'm just curious because it looks fun.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
After a long hiatus I am getting back into beer league hockey this summer!

My biggest issue is going to be I am not out of shape but I am in terrible hockey shape. It will probably take half the season to my legs back under me. I'm playing at Centennial on a work team in Upper C which is a few leagues below where I played before I went on my long hiatus but my skills and skating have diminished a bit so I should be good. Any posters here play in that league?

Our team is making the jump from Upper C to lower B. Which team?

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Question for sled hockey. Is there any rules prohibiting a person who can walk to play sled hockey. I basically have a milder version of what Peter Forsberg has and I can't skate any more. I'm just curious because it looks fun.

Actually, teams are allowed 3 able-bodied (AB) players on the roster as long as they don't play goalie. If you have a condition that prevents you from playing hockey standing up, you should qualify as a disabled player. The Sled Preds have 2 ABs that play tourneys.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Actually, teams are allowed 3 able-bodied (AB) players on the roster as long as they don't play goalie. If you have a condition that prevents you from playing hockey standing up, you should qualify as a disabled player. The Sled Preds have 2 ABs that play tourneys.

Really? Cool.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad