Memories - Video / Audio / Articles from the historic 2017-18 championship season

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
He was like 3rd, and started the drinking hijinx by chugging a beer at the front of the stage.
Nisky was actually the first to start drinking, as the very first one to walk up. Poor Copley still had the whole team standing and didn't get a moment to walk forward.

I don't remember Vrana, maybe I was up and aboot
Joe B introduced him as "Jake the Snake" and made reference to the snapchat story from the other night. Vrana did a dance when he walked up.

Reactions: calicapsfan

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Walked up from Arlington to the area around the Lincoln Memorial. Was a good choice. Not packed, clear views of everyone, didn't wait too long either.
Suspect that they caravanned from Kettler via 66 over the Teddy Roosevelt Bridge (AKA Brooks Laich Tire Repair Bridge) and straight on to Constitution Avenue. They kept saying the parade was starting at 17th and Constitution when it actually appears to have begun around 23rd and Constitution. Wish I had realized that, as I would have walked up that way, less crowds and more shade. Good to see GOAT leading the parade and holding one end of the banner while Sam Wolk, aka "Caps Horn Guy" held the other end.

stanleycaps18

I cheer for laundry
Jul 10, 2003
Chocolate City
washcaps.com
Suspect that they caravanned from Kettler via 66 over the Teddy Roosevelt Bridge (AKA Brooks Laich Tire Repair Bridge) and straight on to Constitution Avenue. They kept saying the parade was starting at 17th and Constitution when it actually appears to have begun around 23rd and Constitution. Wish I had realized that, as I would have walked up that way, less crowds and more shade. Good to see GOAT leading the parade and holding one end of the banner while Sam Wolk, aka "Caps Horn Guy" held the other end.

They were staging on the ramp up to the Lincoln Memorial from Rock Creek - I passed that area on my way to the Mall and Const. Ave.

Fun times!

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W

Yeah, I saw last night that they had added the stretch between 23rd and 17th to the route, and I figured that coming up from Memorial Bridge would avoid all the crowds coming from downtown including all the office workers on extended 'breaks'. It was a good bet.

Though I figured quickly that there's no way I'd have much of a chance to be anything but at the very back of the crowd at the rally, so I just walked back to Arlington once the parade had passed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad