Memories - Video / Audio / Articles from the historic 2017-18 championship season

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I am currently chilling in my D.C. hotel three blocks from the route. First thing I did was buy two of these 24 page special edition Wash Post inserts.

yIN6rGKJ_o.jpeg

First one to PM me who wants it gets it. I will mail it no worries, I would love to help out a fellow fan.
I also have an extra if someone wants to claim it.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Just rolled in to work. No issues on 14th Street or along Constitution Avenue at this hour. But the Mall roads (Jefferson and Madison Drive) appeared to already be closed down. US and DC flags hang from the street lamps along Constitution Avenue as is customary with the July 4th and when visiting heads of state are in town, but east of 15th Street along Constitution Avenue heading towards the Capitol there are also banners of different Capitals players and the Stanley Cup image all hanging from the lamposts in addition to the flags. I'm sure those may become collectors items.:naughty:

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
From WTOP News

"The park service’s Mike Litterst warns that there will be no crossing the parade route at all. So if you plan to attend the rally, expect to do so from the south side.
The fencing will be up from 23rd to Sixth streets. It will be impenetrable, and will not allow any crossing of the parade route. Cross streets will close at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, according to the park service.
There will be no alcohol, no glass and no drones allowed."

So if you want to watch the parade and then go to the rally, you need to get on the south side of Constitution Avenue or the Washington Monument/Mall side of Constitution avenue. If you watch from the north side it appears you won't be allowed to cross Constitution Avenue, however I have to think that once the parade arrives at the rally site on the Mall, they're not going to continue to keep Constitution Avenue closed to pedestrians crossing.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Sep 19, 2008
You needed to get there before 6 AM for a good spot. Some people were getting there at 4. I’m going to just watch at home. I already went to Game 3, which is good enough for me.

There weren't that many people at 6 ish

about a hundred

now it's f***ing packed pandemonium.

Reactions: AllCaps8
Sep 19, 2008
I turned on the TV at 7 this morning and they said that the space right before the stage was filled up already. Crazy...
yeah the space directly in front of the stage was filled. I'm a few feet behind them, like 20 or 30 ft

Only bad thing is that it's kinda pointless to go to the bathroom. the crowd is nuts. they're throwing towels in the crowd, Michael Jenkins is a few feet behind me taking shots off air

islandersdynasty

May 26, 2018
Fairfax, VA
yeah the space directly in front of the stage was filled. I'm a few feet behind them, like 20 or 30 ft

Only bad thing is that it's kinda pointless to go to the bathroom. the crowd is nuts. they're throwing towels in the crowd, Michael Jenkins is a few feet behind me taking shots off air

Sounds like you’re in a great spot. Enjoy!

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I was 50/50 on going, I had a meeting scheduled today that pushed me into not going, that meeting was just cancelled, I'm an idiot and feel sick to my stomach over not going.

Reactions: JMUcapsfan07

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad