GDT: Memorial Cup: Seattle Thunderbirds vs Peterborough Petes (Brennan Othmann)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Let's discuss the game here. I miss these GDT so why not create them for prospect games. Let's go Petes and Brennan Othmann
FB_IMG_1685225292239.jpg

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
I must be getting/no I just am old....I remember watching the New Westminister Bruins back in their Memorial Cup days and of course Barry Beck ! I hope Othmann has a great tournament and can follow it up in the Big Apple as soon as next season......we need that energy badly .

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Owen Beck is sneaky dirty player. I hate that he is a Habs prospect

Owen Beck gives Petes 2-1 lead. What a goal after a penalty kill

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014

Kyle Crnkovic scores another UDFA 2-2 game now​

didn't realize he hated vowels that much but was about to mention i've liked his game a lot. another player who fits the template for a big need if he pans out.

the petes are a likable team but they remind me a lot of the trotz isles. more skill relative to the level of play but content with a low event game they lull you into turnovers.

othmann having quiet noight., then he got injured and left but he's back. he hasn't been bad, just been able to create much. has been matched against seattle top line to be fair. one kinda weird thing.....he really does not want to skate with the puck in the neutral zone. its like his controller turns off. but he will skate with / hold onto the puck for extended time in the offensive or defensive zones.

edit: and now crnkovic just added his 2nd of the game. went bar down on a nasty shot to take the lead in the 3rd. drury sign him up pls

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
didn't realize he hated vowels that much but was about to mention i've liked his game a lot. another player who fits the template for a big need if he pans out.

the petes are a likable team but they remind me a lot of the trotz isles. more skill relative to the level of play but content with a low event game they lull you into turnovers.

othmann having quiet noight., then he got injured and left but he's back. he hasn't been bad, just been able to create much. has been matched against seattle top line to be fair. one kinda weird thing.....he really does not want to skate with the puck in the neutral zone. its like his controller turns off. but he will skate with / hold onto the puck for extended time in the offensive or defensive zones.
If you know you are not a great skater and can’t create the pace needed then he knows his limitations already and sticks to what makes him good.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

edit: and now crnkovic just added his 2nd of the game. went bar down on a nasty shot to take the lead in the 3rd. drury sign him up pls
Rangers better be in on some of these UDFA. I wonder who they will sign, if anyone.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Unbelievable. Michael Simpson who the hell would sign him? He's been bad watch Drury sign him this summer

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Avery Hayes to NYR please. Drury sign this kid. Has chemistry with Othmann and can fit a need here on RW depth. Shoot first mentality

4-3 Petes trail with 4:59 left in 3rd period

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
JAM 2.0 lol

Zuccarello is 5'7 too lol
What leads you to believe he will be JAM 2.0? Do you know how many players there are like him that never even become good ECHL players? The amount of undersize CHL guys that score a bunch is huge, and the amount of overage CHL guys that score a bunch is also huge.

I'm just curious what makes him noteworthy.

Reactions: eco's bones

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
What leads you to believe he will be JAM 2.0? Do you know how many players there are like him that never even become good ECHL players? The amount of undersize CHL guys that score a bunch is huge, and the amount of overage CHL guys that score a bunch is also huge.

I'm just curious what makes him noteworthy.
I wrote lol as in joke.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wrote lol as in joke.
Yeah but you keep advocating for the Rangers to sign general, unnamed UDFAs or guys like Hayes who are undersized and weak skaters just because they have chemistry with one of our prospects. Having that chemistry doesn't mean he can play in the NHL.

I'm all for taking flyers on UDFAs but you still need to be smart about it and not just sign random guys for...reasons.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Yeah but you keep advocating for the Rangers to sign general, unnamed UDFAs or guys like Hayes who are undersized and weak skaters just because they have chemistry with one of our prospects. Having that chemistry doesn't mean he can play in the NHL.

I'm all for taking flyers on UDFAs but you still need to be smart about it and not just sign random guys for...reasons.
Well we do lack RW depth. Hayes would help even if he doesn't make the NHL. Hartford alsps needs RW depth especially of Pajuniemi goes back to Europe

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Seattle had the best regular season record of any CHL team. The Petes regular season record was 35-29-4. The Petes really are the underdogs of this tournament. Seattle is stacked---they have 5 first rounders and Colton Dach a 2nd rounder and several other draftees + probably 3/4 more who will be drafted in 2023. Their goalie Milic led Canada to Gold at the WJC's in January. Why he hasn't been drafted yet I don't know but he's probably the best goalie in this tournament. That said the Petes goalie Simpson is a very big reason the Petes made it to the Memorial Cup. They were a resilient team but Simpson stole several of their victories for them in the OHL playoffs whether or not he had a good night tonight.

I very much agree with nyr2k2.....no problem signing a couple/three UDFA's but deciding who on just watching a game or two is not a very good idea. Interested in a player.....follow him for a while. Doesn't sound to me like too many Petes were having their best nights tonight anyway. There are also college and players from European leagues.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
If you know you are not a great skater and can’t create the pace needed then he knows his limitations already and sticks to what makes him good.

ehh...it's really not a good thing though. not making a mountain out of a molehill on it, it's not something he can't improve...was more pointing it out because it's so ridiculous it's kinda funny right now.

a player playing their game does require actually playing the game tho. this nz controller off mode is just a bad habit or laziness tho...its not something i'm worried about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad