"Members of Sabres and Bills" cited as customers in federal prostitution/trafficking case

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
293.grant.hugh.111407.jpg

I swear I never played for the Sabres.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Pro athletes (rich young people) like sex and drugs. Shocker. I also read something a while ago that there is a fetish about paying for sex. Never done it myself so idk. I don't think most people that go out and buy some blow/weed/whatever or pay for sex really think about the ethics of it aka trafficking/drug cartels.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Pro athletes (rich young people) like sex and drugs. Shocker. I also read something a while ago that there is a fetish about paying for sex. Never done it myself so idk. I don't think most people that go out and buy some blow/weed/whatever or pay for sex really think about the ethics of it aka trafficking/drug cartels.

Hey man-this is HF. Don’t regulate my coke use and penchant for hookers!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Just because celebs (athletes) could easily hook up with countless girls doesn't mean they're necessarily adept or comfortable with making it happen, so hiring someone might be more comfortable for them than working their game at a bar.

I remember reading a Led Zeppelin bio that talked about how Jimmy Page couldn't ever get over his timidness and put himself out there on the scene and always need Plant to pick up the girls and bring them back to his room.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Big accusation. Let's see how this plays out with evidence before we jump to conclusions.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Thread title is very misleading- to be implicated means to be involved, and they're not accused of being involved in the trafficking end of it. That's the larger case and why this came up, but they're accused of visiting a prostitute. Still very not good, but accuracy matters here. They're not implicated and the trafficking aspect- they should still know about it, but the thread title makes it sound like they're potentially trafficking themselves which is so much worse.

Anyways, I'm hoping the woman is just mistaken- I can see men falsely identifying themselves to her. It's also a very broad generalization, Bills and Sabres players- I wonder if it's a claim that's been made once or twice and she's just kinda using that to say "some of the clients were wealthy/famous." Just kinda my hopeful thinking. Wouldn't care if it was McCoy though, never liked that guy.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Thread title is very misleading- to be implicated means to be involved, and they're not accused of being involved in the trafficking end of it. That's the larger case and why this came up, but they're accused of visiting a prostitute. Still very not good, but accuracy matters here. They're not implicated and the trafficking aspect- they should still know about it, but the thread title makes it sound like they're potentially trafficking themselves which is so much worse.

Anyways, I'm hoping the woman is just mistaken- I can see men falsely identifying themselves to her. It's also a very broad generalization, Bills and Sabres players- I wonder if it's a claim that's been made once or twice and she's just kinda using that to say "some of the clients were wealthy/famous." Just kinda my hopeful thinking. Wouldn't care if it was McCoy though, never liked that guy.

In addition title should have "alleged" or something similar to preserve presumption of innocence. These guys were not even charged with anything.

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
I’m not sure why millionaires would have anything to do with seedy prostitutes when they can go to any bar in town and pick up whoever for free.
Because prostitutes are "no strings attached" so to speak. You do them, pay them, and that's it.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
A lot of people in this thread need to learn that sex crimes aren't about sex, they're about power. The rich do things like this because they can get away with it and get off on pushing their limits. That's why when someone is accused of rape, "she's not my type" is a bullshit defense. It has nothing to do with "type" or attraction or anything like that, it's just a way to exert power.

Also, in general I'm mostly supportive of bad jokes about anything, but this is a really shitty thing to joke about.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The woman, who is 49 and is a grandmother, said she had been using drugs since she was 8 years old and was abused by her parents. She said she was 27 when she first started using crack cocaine, a drug she became addicted to quickly. It eventually consumed her life. At one point, she was homeless and lived in and out of crack houses on Broadway in Buffalo. She said she would prostitute herself, walking up and down Broadway looking for customers.

Definitely doesn't sound like it.
Not to be insensitive, but I'm kind of confused as to how someone can start using at the age of 8 but not come into contact with crack until 19 years later.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Someone who claims to start using at 8 and that kind of a track record is a very tough person to trust. she's been a hard core addict her whole life and homeless mind you.

I'm very skeptical. Would need some serious evidence to trust that kind of an allegation.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Someone who claims to start using at 8 and that kind of a track record is a very tough person to trust. she's been a hard core addict her whole life and homeless mind you.

I'm very skeptical. Would need some serious evidence to trust that kind of an allegation.

While their can be doubts based on her substance use history, the prosecution in the case against the trafficker/pimp must feel her testimony is credible enough to put her on the stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad