OT: Melnyk in desperate need of liver transplant

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The people willing to spend money just go to a place like China and get the transplant done.

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
You're pretty bang on with the waiting list thing. Took me close to 2 years just to get on the waiting list because of all the tests, doctor's appointments, more tests, booster shots...and on and on. 31/2 years after beginning the journey, they called me to be a backup in case the person they had above me didn't pan out with the donor. a month later I was called in. (Hoping to hell that MY final test would work out.)

Thankfully it did and I have to thank the parents of the kid who is younger than my daughter for donating his pancreas, kidney's (2 people), lungs, heart, liver, eye's...every organ you can think of to save myself and probably about a dozen others.

It's heavy and I'm thankful. I really hope I can manage to meet these folks.

EDIT: This info wasn't told to me by any doctor's specifically...just conversations I've had with them and putting 1 and 2 together...along with information from other sources that are close to me...it's really conjecture with some facts thrown in that I shouldn't be aware of, but am.

It must be so hard on the parents to lose someone so young. Thankfully they understand the societal benefits and shared his organs.

For anyone interested in blood, organ and tissue donations 3/4 of the way down is a breakdown by province for those interested in donating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad