Recalled/Assigned: Meier to AHL; Carpenter recalled

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Any understand or know the reason why meier was on the opening day roater but sent down the day after the 1st game?

Meier recovered enough to begin skating, but not enough he could be counted on to play on road trip.

Prestige of being on opening roster?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Any understand or know the reason why meier was on the opening day roater but sent down the day after the 1st game?

Cap reasons. If they sent Carpenter down for Meier, they can't afford that under the cap for the long haul. When they decide to send Haley and Carpenter down for Meier though, then they can afford it over the long haul. But I wouldn't be surprised at a lot of day-of moves like this so they can save cap dollars.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Cap reasons. If they sent Carpenter down for Meier, they can't afford that under the cap for the long haul. When they decide to send Haley and Carpenter down for Meier though, then they can afford it over the long haul. But I wouldn't be surprised at a lot of day-of moves like this so they can save cap dollars.

Carpenter's last contract guaranteed him 150k - which works out to something like 2 weeks on the NHL roster.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I'm glad he got some money and got rewarded for his play, but I really would've liked to see him draw in at least once.

He's going to be a valuable fourth liner for someone, I just don't think it will be us.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm glad he got some money and got rewarded for his play, but I really would've liked to see him draw in at least once.

He's going to be a valuable fourth liner for someone, I just don't think it will be us.

I'm sure he'll get some time up here eventually this season but things will open up on the main roster after this season. With Wingels' contract expiring and going UFA, that 4C spot is likely to be filled from within.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
(tinfoil) maybe they're clearing cap for a trade!!!!! (/)

Ya I know. Probably not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad