Meeting Today in Toronto, anyone have updates??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Exactly the type of statement I thought there would be.

The fact that no statements were released by either side (it appears) is interesting, but again, it's so hard to read into these negotiations I'd just as well stop trying.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Kritter471 said:
Exactly the type of statement I thought there would be.

The fact that no statements were released by either side (it appears) is interesting, but again, it's so hard to read into these negotiations I'd just as well stop trying.

yea...why undermine a great day for hockey with US/Canada...im glad they didn't. Wait, what am i speaking of--saying those groups care about hockey is ludacris

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
slats432 said:
Folks,

We all know that Eklund posts in his blog about the negotiations. We don't allow for discussions to include reference to what might and might not be included on Eklund's or any other blog.

Your assistance in this is appreciated.

No one said anything about him.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
My Spidey senses are telling me theres not going to be anything new accomplished today, tommorow, or anytime this month. :shakehead

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
McKenzie cautions that the short duration of today's meeting should not be taken as a negative sign. See the "Hockey Insiders" clip on TSN's NHL page:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

He says that the reason it was fairly short was that today's meeting was used by the NHL to present some proposals/concepts to the PA to consider. The PA is going to go over them tonight in preparation for tomorrow's meeting.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
McKenzie cautions that the short duration of today's meeting should not be taken as a negative sign. See the "Hockey Insiders" clip on TSN's NHL page:

He says that the reason it was fairly short was that today's meeting was used by the NHL to present some proposals/concepts to the PA to consider. The PA is going to go over them tonight in preparation for tomorrow's meeting.

Yea bout that

at the end Burke said he thoght there would be a deal done

did he mean through THESE meeting????

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Do you mean to tell me that it doesn't take several months, as well as trips to the beach to mull over new "concepts" and "proposals".

:sarcasm:

Looks like I have been shooed under the rug for quite awhile now.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
See the "Hockey Insiders" clip on TSN's NHL page:

Anyone notice on the page where the video plays, on the right side, under the "Thursday Report," it has what is supposed to be a clip about team Canada's win over the US, and it says "Steve Nash and Joe Thornton stood out in Canada's 3-1 win over the United States." Long lost twin brother of Rick? :dunno:

SENSible1*

The most interesting stuff is happening outside the meetings as the noose is drawn around Goodenow's neck by his members.

Advantage NHL.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Thunderstruck said:
The most interesting stuff is happening outside the meetings as the noose is drawn around Goodenow's neck by his members.

Advantage NHL.

Yep. While the folks like Domi are still putting blame on bettman they are now starting to blame Goodenow openly. And if I recall Domi was a pretty strong supporter of Goodenow early on.

To be this vocal and to not be intimidated into changing the statement or saying he was misquoted etc etc etc should be a sign to Goodenow that if this next round of neogotiations doesn't lead anywhere he may be out of a job. I think the players may finally be realising that Goodenow is trying to play hardball when he probably shouldn't be.

SENSible1*

tantalum said:
Yep. While the folks like Domi are still putting blame on bettman they are now starting to blame Goodenow openly. And if I recall Domi was a pretty strong supporter of Goodenow early on.

To be this vocal and to not be intimidated into changing the statement or saying he was misquoted etc etc etc should be a sign to Goodenow that if this next round of neogotiations doesn't lead anywhere he may be out of a job. I think the players may finally be realising that Goodenow is trying to play hardball when he probably shouldn't be.

Domi, Roenick and Orr have all upped the pressure on Goody to put his ego aside and get a deal done.

If Goody goes into the May 24th PA meeting without a deal to take to a vote he might as well tender his resignation.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Thunderstruck said:
Domi, Roenick and Orr have all upped the pressure on Goody to put his ego aside and get a deal done.

If Goody goes into the May 24th PA meeting without a deal to take to a vote he might as well tender his resignation.

This jsut in... Talk yesterday were regards to the dinner plans for tonight...

it was between chinese food and pizza... Gary ordered a gag order from his owners side and they put the 2 in a hat and apparently there having pizza tonight.....

:dunno:

My spidy sense:P :sarcasm: :handclap:

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
spank303 said:
Anyone notice on the page where the video plays, on the right side, under the "Thursday Report," it has what is supposed to be a clip about team Canada's win over the US, and it says "Steve Nash and Joe Thornton stood out in Canada's 3-1 win over the United States." Long lost twin brother of Rick? :dunno:

:biglaugh:

Seems like these days, nobody can go wrong with a Nash on their team.

Just be thankful they weren't talking about Tyson Nash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad