Proposal: Meet at a bar for game nights?

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Prosthetic? Epoch? Vancity millionaires? You three still in? I know Mossey and rev are in, and I'm bringing one person from off the boards...

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I will try to make it out tonight, my friends want to do some christmas stuff and such..may not last long but i'll keep informed

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Hey-o. Back home now.

I'd like to thank y2k and Mossey, the **two** other people from the boards who actually showed up to this.

Managed to crawl in midway through the 3rd period after leaving my work party. Each of us brought a +1; mine decided to be a press operator I work with who left with me to "walk me over" to the Red Card. As we went past the skytrain station, I couldn't help but notice that he kept on walking towards the bar with me.

You think you know someone...

Full props to y2k's lovely girlfriend for entertaining him during the rest of the game. Not being facetious at all, really did appreciate that, and she really is lovely. On the plus side, apparently he paid for my booze when I was there.

Would've liked to continue to talk, shoot the **** and do the Friday night party thing, but $15 cover charges for Donnelly places give me hives.

Wandered back to my original work party, cautiously peered into the window and who do I see? Yes, my +1 in full drunken, double peace sign YAAAAAHHHHH!!!! glory. K. A&W, skytrain, beer store, home. Laters.

Anyway, hope sometime soon more than three of us can do this. Be fun. Okay, Friday night, holiday season, etc etc etc. I get that. Still would be cool.

Dammit, Stan...

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hey-o. Back home now.

I'd like to thank y2k and Mossey, the **two** other people from the boards who actually showed up to this.

Managed to crawl in midway through the 3rd period after leaving my work party. Each of us brought a +1; mine decided to be a press operator I work with who left with me to "walk me over" to the Red Card. As we went past the skytrain station, I couldn't help but notice that he kept on walking towards the bar with me.

You think you know someone...

Full props to y2k's lovely girlfriend for entertaining him during the rest of the game. Not being facetious at all, really did appreciate that, and she really is lovely. On the plus side, apparently he paid for my booze when I was there.

Would've liked to continue to talk, shoot the **** and do the Friday night party thing, but $15 cover charges for Donnelly places give me hives.

Wandered back to my original work party, cautiously peered into the window and who do I see? Yes, my +1 in full drunken, double peace sign YAAAAAHHHHH!!!! glory. K. A&W, skytrain, beer store, home. Laters.

Anyway, hope sometime soon more than three of us can do this. Be fun. Okay, Friday night, holiday season, etc etc etc. I get that. Still would be cool.

Dammit, Stan...

Good times. Glad you had fun. And Stan wasn't so bad. He was actually quite funny and friendly.

Felt bad at the end there, but we'll set up something again in January. No cover next time lol!

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Good times. Glad you had fun. And Stan wasn't so bad. He was actually quite funny and friendly.

Felt bad at the end there, but we'll set up something again in January. No cover next time lol!

hehe it was cool. And hey, no sweat. There comes a point in your life when cover charges are things that just don't make sense to pay. You calculate the amount of alcohol you could ingest and think: "**** that. That's a six-pack. No way. It's not like my wife would let me go get laid in there or anything..."

And it was such a departure from what Stan the Man's like 40 hours a week normally. I've heard stories, but when you're wondering if you're going to be responsible for pouring him onto a skytrain car later on, the fun does diminish somewhat.

Catch you next time. :laugh:

Wetcoaster

Next Canucks Tweetup per Canucks.com:

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
Join us for our next #CanucksTweetup at @BostonPizza Lougheed Hwy, Jan. 16th at 6:00pm.

Join us at our next Tweetup, taking place on Thursday, Jan. 16th at Boston Pizza Lougheed Hwy in Burnaby. Come out to join fellow fans and support your Canucks as they take on the Phoenix Coyotes at 6PM. Chris Palliser of The Beat 94.5 will be hosting.​
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?bcid=31263

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
Next Canucks Tweetup per Canucks.com:

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
Join us for our next #CanucksTweetup at @BostonPizza Lougheed Hwy, Jan. 16th at 6:00pm.

Join us at our next Tweetup, taking place on Thursday, Jan. 16th at Boston Pizza Lougheed Hwy in Burnaby. Come out to join fellow fans and support your Canucks as they take on the Phoenix Coyotes at 6PM. Chris Palliser of The Beat 94.5 will be hosting.​
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?bcid=31263

really? They couldn't choose a more exciting game then a Pheonix game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad