media

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It was a slap in the face to watch Dave Poulin on TSN breaking down the Leafs mistakes like a neutral observer last night. Hey man with those brilliant insights maybe you shouldn't have signed/traded for/kept those guys...

****ing genius.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What media members ate livid about the leafs Loosing?

I saw Craig Button flipping out this week about the leafs and their nn efforts

There must be other media members who don't get r or just don't want the leafs to get better pieces via the draft

They ate what?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
It was a slap in the face to watch Dave Poulin on TSN breaking down the Leafs mistakes like a neutral observer last night. Hey man with those brilliant insights maybe you shouldn't have signed/traded for/kept those guys...

****ing genius.

that's the one that pissed me off.

Like he actually sat there, and was all like "Oh yeah, this and this, and that and that." all that was missing was Loiselle to come on and go, "I can't believe that they're so cap strapped." to put the cherry on top.

i don't know how you can have a direct hand of being the problem - and then go and critique it

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada

****ing genius.

I couldn't listen to it. It made my blood boil as soon as he started opening his mouth.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Not many of them. Most of the media in Toronto is from outside of Toronto and hates (or grew up not liking) the Leafs. They delight in the struggles.

Mirtle and Bruce Arthur are from BC. Naylor spent the Battle of Ontario years in Ottawa. Blair spent a lot of his time in Montreal.

The Leafs Lunch guys seem genuinely upset; they're diehards like us though.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto

****ing genius.

So which team is in better shape, the Leafs or the Sabres?

Gee, let me think about that one for a minute... :sarcasm:

Mansfield

possession obsession
Apr 4, 2011
Ontario, Canada

****ing genius.

did this actually happen?

anyway, I'd much rather have him going on TSN not as an employee of the leafs :) at least the current management team seems to mostly avoid saying stupid stuff to the media

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
did this actually happen?

anyway, I'd much rather have him going on TSN not as an employee of the leafs :) at least the current management team seems to mostly avoid saying stupid stuff to the media

it was on that's hockey tonight 2.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Mirtle has been ahead of this thing for a very long time - he's not only predicted these collapses, but has pointed out the way things will play out for quite a few players in the process (ie. losing an asset in Franson due to poor cap management, etc).

Siegel had that superb piece highlighting the ineptitude of 4 different management regimes stretching over a decade.

The duo at Leafs lunch though? Bryan Hayes and Jeff O'Neill have pulled no punches throughout this process which has been so refreshing to hear. Hayes in particular is just one of us - a huge fan just disgusted shout this this. He's a trooper for doing what he does and not losing his marbles on air every now & again.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Jeff ONeill is always a funny listen

I don't listen to TSN at all anymore, but the rare occasion I tune in and I hear O'Neill, I respect his openness. His delivery isn't overly polished (in the same way Kypreos's isn't), but I like how he doesn't hold back. Other media types are either too politically correct or way too negative you can't take what they say seriously. I find O'Neill tells it like it is, which is a breath of fresh air.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I don't listen to TSN at all anymore, but the rare occasion I tune in and I hear O'Neill, I respect his openness. His delivery isn't overly polished (in the same way Kypreos's isn't), but I like how he doesn't hold back. Other media types are either too politically correct or way too negative you can't take what they say seriously. I find O'Neill tells it like it is, which is a breath of fresh air.

Yep.

Both he and Hayes are the bleeding blue, super hurt fan like the rest of us right now.

Throw the neutral, two-steps-away-from-the-fishbowl type of guy like Jamie Noodles McClennan on there, and you have a pretty good trio. They've been superb to listen to all year.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Sportsnet nick kypreos says the leafs neeed mcdavid
and the league needs mcdavid in Toronto

Connor McDavid to Toronto would save the NHL.

Imagine McDavid in Toronto and all the buzz that would generate. Or buzz is the wrong word, more like an avalanche of interest.

If Buffalo at the same time could get Eichel, well then you set up a border rivalry for a long time that would be greater then the Ovi - Sid rivalry they tried to market for some years. I can definitely see Buffalo vs Leafs as the winter classic in 2017-18 with record ratings.

It all makes sense, call me biased but it really does. NHL is a business, time to act like one.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Bettman will make sure McDavid winds up somewhere in the U.S. of A.

Book it!

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Bettman has the arizona lottery ball tucked safely under his pillow. He isn't fooling anyone.

this... Bettman would rather save a franchise in Arizona and let the cash cow rot than save the whole league with revenue sharing.... Leafs with McDavid could expedite the rebuild and make so much money for the league with playoff games etc.

But I bet phoenix is going to win the lottery, its just the NHL/Bettman thing to do.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Imagine McDavid in Toronto and all the buzz that would generate. Or buzz is the wrong word, more like an avalanche of interest.

If Buffalo at the same time could get Eichel, well then you set up a border rivalry for a long time that would be greater then the Ovi - Sid rivalry they tried to market for some years. I can definitely see Buffalo vs Leafs as the winter classic in 2017-18 with record ratings.

It all makes sense, call me biased but it really does. NHL is a business, time to act like one.

i' ve been saying this, since we've plummeted.

Before it was like a "haha, the Leafs should get McDavid."
now that there's a legitimate chance (as small as it is) that the Leafs "could" win the lottery, if I were Bettman i would seriously have to look at how it impacts the entire league.

McDavid in Toronto doubly helps Buffalo.
McDavid in Toronto helps ensure a rebuild
McDavid in Toronto generates more buzz/funds than it would in any other franchise
McDavid in Toronto = Boon for NHL, Boon for NHLPA.

Arizona could get Hanifin/Strome and it's just as good.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
i' ve been saying this, since we've plummeted.

Before it was like a "haha, the Leafs should get McDavid."
now that there's a legitimate chance (as small as it is) that the Leafs "could" win the lottery, if I were Bettman i would seriously have to look at how it impacts the entire league.

McDavid in Toronto doubly helps Buffalo.
McDavid in Toronto helps ensure a rebuild
McDavid in Toronto generates more buzz/funds than it would in any other franchise
McDavid in Toronto = Boon for NHL, Boon for NHLPA.

Arizona could get Hanifin/Strome and it's just as good.

Are you actually suggesting the NHL rig the draft in favor of TO?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad