Post-Game Talk: MDSF, Game 2: Flyers at Capitals, Saturday, April 16

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm aware, I don't think he gets claimed thus why I didn't bring it up.

North American guys seem to hold out longer before opting for Europe even when there's barely any hope.

There's a couple isolated special cases. Mark Giordano was one.

Like I said, depends on if he agrees with where the team stands with him. I'm sure he wants to play in the NHL but above else, he wants to play. At 23YO, he's entered his prime, and he spent most of it as a healthy scratch because no one knows what to do with him, and it's costing him money, too.

My guess is that he accepts a QO, but it wouldn't shock me if he didn't, either.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
A little over the top Striker. The Red Wings switched up goalies and they won. It's not a radical concept.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Does anyone have the stats for goals for when Mason plays and goals for when Nuevy plays?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well ****, if the Red Wings did it then we should absolutely bench our best goalie.

Better to copy the RedWongs than do the obvious choice of playing your best players and giving yourself the best chance to win.

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
For those of you that like stats:

GAA: Nuervirth .924 SAVE PCT, 2.47 GAA

Mason .918 SAVE PCT, 2.51 GAA

Not a whole lot of difference, Why not switch goalies? Like I said maybe Mason is burned out or injured.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
For those of you that like stats:

GAA: Nuervirth .924 SAVE PCT, 2.47 GAA

Mason .918 SAVE PCT, 2.51 GAA

Not a whole lot of difference, Why not switch goalies? Like I said maybe Mason is burned out or injured.

Now look at 2016, and marvel at how Mason has been better.

Or do you think making your goalie choice in April is best influenced by whatever happened in November?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For those of you who like stats, Steve Mason was 4th in the league in SV% 5v5 among goalies who played at least 1250 minutes. Mason is at .937, Neuvirth .931. The better player is playing, and frankly you can't trust Neuvirth to stay healthy.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

gto64dr

Jan 15, 2012
Always best to play the best player IF your best player is on. Example is Jake, he is playing top line because of last season, but we wouldn't want to try something different when we're losing. MAYBE Mason is burned out and Nuevy is rested? Why would we switch when we're losing and our best goalie let in an ice length goal that demoralized the team last game? Try something, anything to change the MOJO.

Nuevy is that much worse than Mason?

You guys flip flop more than a politician.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Always best to play the best player IF your best player is on. Example is Jake, he is playing top line because of last season, but we wouldn't want to try something different when we're losing. MAYBE Mason is burned out and Nuevy is rested? Why would we switch when we're losing and our best goalie let in an ice length goal that demoralized the team last game? Try something, anything to change the MOJO.

Nuevy is that much worse than Mason?

You guys flip flop more than a politician.

As usual, you just don't get it. These crazy simple concepts.

Voracek is playing because there's no better option.

Mason is playing because there's no better option.

Where exactly are you getting confused here? What's too tough for you to grasp? How is it that in your mind it's better to play worse players? Not just overall in their careers, at this moment in time.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
It is hard not to get hype, but one perhaps should try.

The Stanley Cup is the beautiful woman you're chasing.

You saw the top of the bra this year, got amped, but you're going to need a few more dates before you seal the deal. Next year and the year after at least.
Maybe one of our players will gain intangibles by us making the postseason. The attitude of "you never know" was dreamer BS. We were always finishing tied with 29 other teams for last place. This team, if not Washington, is not getting past Pittsburgh.

No amount of positive thinking is closing the absurd speed gap between us and these teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad