GDT: MDSF #7 - 04/30/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - MSG, NBC SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

e6o1.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014 METROPOLITAN DIVISION SEMIFINALS
GAME #7 - 04/30/2014

vs
(3) ____________ (3)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET ARENA | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, NBC SPORTS, TSN2, RDS, CSN-PH

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

We wake up and it’s a Game 7. Loser goes home and winner takes it all.
There’s nothing better than playing in those Game 7s. We have to wake up and start fresh.
- Marc Staal

It’ll be a hard-fought battle. We’re going home. We’ve had success in Game 7s, especially a lot of guys in this room.
That’s why we battled hard right to the end to get home ice.
- Brad Richards

We had a good start. We had some good looks. Obviously didn't score.
They had a PP. We had an opportunity to ice the puck and we didn't ice the puck and they made us pay for it.
I thought we came out of there in pretty good shape. We picked a bad time to have a bad period there in the second.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="PHILADELPHIA FLYERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 6 | GF | 15
W | 3 | GA | 17
L | 3 | GF/G | 2.50
HOME | 2-1 | GA/G | 2.83
AWAY | 1-2 | PP% | 31.6
STREAK | W1 | PK% | 89.3
PIM/G | 14.2 | FO% | 52.2

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Wayne Simmonds | 4 Assists | Claude Giroux | 4 Points | Claude Giroux | 6 + / - | Claude Giroux | +2 Shots | Wayne Simmonds | 15 Hits | Luke Schenn | 20 Blocks | Andrew MacDonald | 17 PIM | Wayne Simmonds | 20 FO% | Adam Hall | 60.3 TOI/G F: | Sean Couturier | 20:01 TOI/G D: | Andrew MacDonald | 22:37

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Scott Hartnell (A) | Claude Giroux (C) | Jakub Voracek
Michael Raffl | Vincent Lecavalier | Wayne Simmonds
Matt Read | Sean Couturier | Jason Akeson
Zac Rinaldo | Brayden Schenn | Adam Hall

LD | RD
Kimmo Timonen (A) | Braydon Coburn
Luke Schenn | Andrew MacDonald
Erik Gustafsson | Mark Streit

Scratched
Hal Gill|
Ben Holmstrom|
Tye McGinn|
Jay Rosehill|
Chris VandeVelde|

STARTING GOALIE:

MasonSteve_1.png

Steve Mason

GPI: 4 | W: 2 | L: 1
SV% .939 | GAA: 1.95 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Nicklas Grossmann | Lower body (DTD)
Steve Downie | Upper body (DTD)
Chris Pronger | PCS (LTIR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 6 | GF | 17
W | 3 | GA | 15
L | 3 | GF/G | 2.83
HOME | 2-1 | GA/G | 2.50
AWAY | 1-2 | PP% | 10.7
STREAK | L1 | PK% | 68.4
PIM/G | 9.5 | FO% | 47.8

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | MSL,Rich,Step,Zucc | 2 Assists | MSL, Nash, Richards | 4 Points | Richards, St. Louis | 6 + / - | Marc Staal | +6 Shots | Brad Richards | 26 Hits | Dorsett, Girardi | 20 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 16 PIM | Carl Hagelin | 10 FO% | Dominic Moore | 57.7 TOI/G F: | Martin St. Louis | 19:40 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 25:15

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derek Stepan | Martin St. Louis
Benoit Pouliot | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Carl Hagelin | Brad Richards (A) | J.T. Miller
Brian Boyle | Dominic Moore | Derek Dorsett

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Anton Stralman
John Moore | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Dan Carcillo|
Raphael Diaz|
Justin Falk|
Jesper Fast|
Ryan Haggerty|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik1.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 6 | W: 3 | L: 3
SV% .910 | GAA: 2.31 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Chris Kreider | Hand (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerend.png

AHB*

I kind of like my itching beard to grow some more...

I've shaved after each loss and we won. So I shaved this morning again.

I let the beard grow every year since I could grow a beard and it hasn't worked. Figured it was time for a change-up.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Second straight night I'm watching the Rangers with a Flyers fan at home. Don't make me go through the horror of last night again!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hopefully we win this one. The one thing I can say is the team is healthy and we have some depth. We could really use Kreider right now. Maybe in the next series if we can get there.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Dang! The other thread closed before I could multi-quote.

I don't know why people are shocked that this series has been overall even. These teams are similar in talent as an overall unit.

The Richter vs. Lundqvist debate has been beaten to death! Lundqvist hasn't been playing at an elite level, but for someone to say that he has "no crunch-time ability" is a reactionary and misguided statement (i.e. the Olympics and several years in the SEL). Even in years when Lundqvist played at an elite level for the Rangers, this team hasn't been close to sniffing Lord Stanley's jock! I will repeat that Lundqvist has not been dominant, and the old adage that "your big name players need to play big a crunch time" applies to him as well, but to win the cup all your big names player need to be big.

In 1994, Richter,who was key player, was fantastic. He was major factor in that victory. There was this other player named Mark, also a key player, he played well. There was also some Russian. I think his name was Alexei. He had a pretty good rookie playoff season. I recall that there was a trade deadline acquired player named Stephan. He contributed as well. I think garden vision mentions Stephan's last name at times, but it's still a blur to me.

Oh yes! I forgot. There was an American born defenseman named Brian Leetch! He was cool too!

To the poster who suggested playing Talbot, I agree! You gotta go with the hot player! It's the playoffs! All you need to do is get to the dance, and then anything can happen! Book it!

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
We'll here we are. Game 7. Shouldn't even have gotten to this point. Disappointing that i have to watch this game. Honestly, I'm not too confident despite our dominance over the Flyers at home. We've owned this team the past few season. Beat them in the Winter Classic on their turf. Handed their ***** to them on several occasions. I feel like this could be payback for all of that tonight, and quite frankly its the Rangers fault for getting themselves into this position. They are the better team but havent proven it, for a number of reasons.

**** style points. I dont care if Lundqvist gives up another 4. Score 5. Nash, whatever. I dont care who the heroes are. Just win and move on. Theyve made this more interesting and nerve wracking then it had to be. Leaders need to step up. Whoever they are.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
They need 4 goals to win. Two to cover the dreaded two goal lead, one will get disallowed or non-reviewable and one to be the GWG. 3-2 Rangers win.

Nash scores the GWG tonight. No, seriously guys he will.

Please win.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
They need 4 goals to win. Two to cover the dreaded two goal lead, one will get disallowed or non-reviewable and one to be the GWG. 3-2 Rangers win.

Nash scores the GWG tonight. No, seriously guys he will.

Please win.

Nash isn't scoring tonight. I'd bet my savings account on it.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
That was an intense home game from the Flyers, they went hard. Will be tough to do back to back on the road.

The Rangers meanwhile floated around the ice. They're obviously well rested and ready to finish it on home ice in front of a bunch of endearing fans. Obviously this was the plan all along, and it's brilliant. A new twist on the rope a dope.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
im surprised AV hasnt changed the lines... there is zero balance. only the stepan and brass line seems to score. and theyre both wildly inconsistent. we need to get someone who can go infront of the net on the step line and move nash... he doesnt deserve 1st line ice time the way he is playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad