GDT: MDSF #5 - 04/27/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 12:00 - NBC, TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Love the mental toughness from this team today. Screw job by the refs and instead of getting deflated they play harder and harder as the period goes on

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
And it is a problem within the league:

Most atrocious one, ever.

It sucks, but I don't know if this would work. The idea is that when players hear a whistle they stop playing. It's impossible to tell if for example the whistle isn't blown if Philly ties up MSL or something. How about refs just take a second and look for the puck before blowing the whistle? He blew the ****ing whistle while the puck was on its way to the net for ****'s sake.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
Dumb move by Stralman for sure. if he would have buried the wide open chance right before that it would not be an issue.

NYR510

Apr 7, 2009
I don't get why Lundqvist *****es to Klein. It's not like it was an intentional deflection from his end. He's been very solid all season. It happens.

How do we know he was *****ing? He tapped him with his glove, maybe he was doing the opposite of *****ing him out

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
It sucks, but I don't know if this would work. The idea is that when players hear a whistle they stop playing. It's impossible to tell if for example the whistle isn't blown if Philly ties up MSL or something. How about refs just take a second and look for the puck before blowing the whistle? He blew the ****ing whistle while the puck was on its way to the net for ****'s sake.

What did that Red Wings goal was the intent to blow the whistle. For a situation like that, and even the Rangers' goal, intent to blow would be thrown out the window.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
How do we know he was *****ing? He tapped him with his glove, maybe he was doing the opposite of *****ing him out

My thoughts as well. It did not look like an altercation. Probably just a "let's play it differently" next time chat. Henrik always throws himself under the bus before any of his teammates whenever he is interviewed. I have a hard time believing he'd rip into Klein for a bad bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad