GDT: MDSF #3 - 04/20/15 | New York Rangers @ Pittsburgh Penguins | 7:00 - MSG, NBCSN, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

scnyrlogoo1.png
bannergdt.png
scnyrlogoo1.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2015 METROPOLITAN DIVISION SEMIFINALS
GAME #3 - 04/20/2015

vs
PIT: 1___________NYR: 1

TIME | 7:00 PM ET VENUE | CONSOL ENERGY CENTER - PITTSBURGH, PA TV | MSG, NBCSN, CBC, TVA, ROOT SPORTS

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

They’re a really good team; we knew that going into this series. We can’t just look at what they did the last couple weeks of the season.
They are a strong team and they had a great season, for the most part. We knew they were going to come into this with more energy.
They have some really skilled players, you have to respect that. There are a couple things we can talk about and try to do better and go to Pittsburgh and try to get one on Monday.
- Henrik Lundqvist

I think we have to look at ourselves first and we have to get the job done.
If we aren’t getting the job done five on five, we have to get a huge momentum off the PP and the individuals that are on that have to be a lot better.
- Rick Nash

The first period was hard fought, there wasn’t a lot of room. We came out with a lead.
They were able in the second to capitalize on a couple of our mistakes and take a two goal lead.
In the third, I thought we had a good push, but again, we took a penalty 200 feet from our own net and they made us pay for it.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="PITTSBURGH PENGUINS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 2 | GF | 5
W | 1 | GA | 5
L | 1 | GF/G | 2.50
HOME | 0-0 | GA/G | 2.50
AWAY | 1-1 | PP% | 40.0
STREAK | W1 | PK% | 83.3
PIM/G | 12.0 | FO% | 54.0

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Sidney Crosby | 2 Assists | Chris Kunitz | 2 Points | Chris Kunitz | 3 + / - | Chris Kunitz | +2 Shots | Lovejoy, Perron | 6 Hits | Chris Kunitz | 9 Blocks | Ian Cole | 8 PIM | Cole, Kunitz | 4 FO% | Sidney Crosby | 63.2 TOI/G F: | Sidney Crosby | 18:19 TOI/G D: | Paul Martin | 24:46

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Chris Kunitz (A) | Sidney Crosby (C) | Patric Hornqvist
Daniel Winnik | Evgeni Malkin (A) | David Perron
Scott Wilson | Brandon Sutter | Steve Downie
Nick Spaling | Maxim Lapierre | Blake Comeau

LD | RD
Paul Martin | Ben Lovejoy
Rob Scuderi | Ian Cole
Taylor Chorney | Brian Dumoulin

Scratched
Craig Adams|
Scott Harrington|
Beau Bennett|

STARTING GOALIE:

FleuryMarcAndre1.png

Marc-Andre Fleury

GPI: 2 | W: 1 | L: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .922 | GAA: 2.52 | GA: 5 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Christian Ehrhoff | Upper body (DTD)
Derrick Pouliot | Upper body (DTD)
Olli Maatta | Illness (IR)
Kris Letang | Concussion (IR)
Pascal Dupuis | Blood clots (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 2 | GF | 5
W | 1 | GA | 5
L | 1 | GF/G | 2.50
HOME | 1-1 | GA/G | 2.50
AWAY | 0-0 | PP% | 16.7
STREAK | L1 | PK% | 60.0
PIM/G | 5.0 | FO% | 46.0

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Derick Brassard | 2 Assists | Yandle, Zuccarello | 2 Points | Brassard, Stepan | 2 + / - | Derek Stepan | +2 Shots | Derek Stepan | 9 Hits | J.T. Miller | 8 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 9 PIM | Nash, Yandle | 2 FO% | Derick Brassard | 54.3 TOI/G F: | Derek Stepan | 20:22 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 26:00

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider | Derek Stepan (A) | J.T. Miller
Carl Hagelin | Kevin Hayes | Martin St. Louis (A)
Tanner Glass | Dominic Moore | Jesper Fast

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh (C) | Dan Girardi
Marc Staal (A) | Dan Boyle
Keith Yandle | Matt Hunwick

Scratched
James Sheppard|
Chris Summers|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik2.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 2 | W: 1 | L: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .894 | GAA: 2.52 | GA: 5 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Kevin Klein | Arm (DTD)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

acTrt15.jpg

Dpqpk4L.jpg

PVJnHwK.jpg

'shop job by Ail.

Last edited:

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I felt all along that once this series got to Pitt the Rangers would turn it up a notch and we would see the team that dominated everyone the last few months of the season.

I'm really hoping that comes to fruition.

The Rangers need to push the pace of play and force the Penguins to play a game they don't want to play. I want to see speed. I want to see passing. Whether its on the PP or not. It doesn't matter.

I want to see the Rangers ignore any attempt the Penguins have to carry over momentum in this series and just blast them out of the rink, like we all know they are capable of.

Plain and simple. We all know its there, let's see it - tonight.

Jackson Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I felt all along that once this series got to Pitt the Rangers would turn it up a notch and we would see the team that dominated everyone the last few months of the season.

I'm really hoping that comes to fruition.

The Rangers need to push the pace of play and force the Penguins to play a game they don't want to play. I want to see speed. I want to see passing. Whether its on the PP or not. It doesn't matter.

I want to see the Rangers ignore any attempt the Penguins have to carry over momentum in this series and just blast them out of the rink, like we all know they are capable of.

Plain and simple. We all know its there, let's see it - tonight.

Great post, agree on all points especially the speed (Kreider, Hags...).

Jan 8, 2012
NY
If Kreider shows up, I like our chances of winning. He had the worst game out of any Ranger in game 1 and wasn't too great in game 2.

WonkaVader

Apr 16, 2015
NJ =/
A good time for a road game. We need to set the pace. Fast north south game with on point passing. Kill them with speed and don't let them set the tone. Wish I could say that we need our fourth line to step up big in this game, but I can't, cause well.. we know why. Everyone must be better. Top to bottom. This is the playoffs and we need to go into that extra gear and stay there!

LGR!!!

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Idk how people are saying Game 1 was a bad game when the Rangers dominated that game. Game 2 could've been better, but they missed a couple of prime scoring chances and hit a post when they could've tied the game.

Do whatever is necessary to keep the Hayes line away from Crosby and take MSL off the powerplay.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Alright, quit ****ing around and win this game

And stop taking ****ing penalties.

LGR.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
I feel confident that we will win tonight. They've almost never had two games or more back to back, and after a stinker they typically rebound strong. Plus we're on the road.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: At 11:30 we will be streaming #NYR morning skate LIVE from Pittsburgh. Tune in on blueshirtsunited.com”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad