Pre-Game Talk: MDSF: (1) Washington Capitals vs (WC2) Philadelphia Flyers

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
For series talk.

The Philadelphia Flyers will return to the Stanley Cup Playoffs on Thursday, April 14 when they visit the Washington Capitals in Game 1 of their first-round series at Verizon Center in Washington. The National Hockey League released the dates and times for all eight first-round series tonight following the end of the 2015-16 regular season.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=878191&navid=DL|PHI|home

GAMES DATES LOCATION TIME NATIONAL TV
Game 1 Thurs., April 14 FLYERS at Washington Capitals 7 p.m. NBCSN
Game 2 Sat., April 16 FLYERS at Washington Capitals 7 p.m. CNBC
Game 3 Mon., April 18 Washington Capitals at FLYERS 7 p.m. NBCSN
Game 4 Wed., April 20 Washington Capitals at FLYERS 7 p.m. NBCSN
* Game 5 Fri., April 22 FLYERS at Washington Capitals TBD TBD
* Game 6 Sun., April 24 Washington Capitals at FLYERS TBD TBD
* Game 7 Wed., April 27 FLYERS at Washington Capitals TBD TBD

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Really happy we made the dance. This is a bonus and great experience. I took flyers in 6, thinking something like LWWLWW

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think we win but hoping for at least to make it tough on the Caps to win it. If they can get their mojo back that showed before these last 4-5 games I think it's doable otherwise I unforunately think this is a quick series.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Flyers in 6. Obviously a homer vote, but it could happen. The Caps have one of the bests PPs in the league, which helped them a lot in achieving what they achieved in the regular season. In the playoffs, there are less penaltys. That is to our advantage.

And we've seen what Giroux is capable of in the playoffs. Mason was outstanding in 2014 too. Can't wait to see how Ghost will look like in the playoffs. Our team will be better than expected imo.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Id be happy to win one game, but **** it, screw being pessimistic (really realistic), Flyers in 6 baby!!!

Ghost: 4 goals, 4 assists.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't think we win but hoping for at least to make it tough on the Caps to win it. If they can get their mojo back that showed before these last 4-5 games I think it's doable otherwise I unforunately think this is a quick series.

Pretty much this.

The variables in the series are all about the Flyers. The PK is going to have to be fantastic. If they play to their season peak, it could go 6-7, but it's going to take basically that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When are they announcing first round dates again?

Hopefully they do it tonight. Last year they had a long drawn out show on NHL Network that was contrived and ridiculous.

Wizards play at home on Wednesday, so I'm hoping that means Thursday-Saturday-Monday-Wednesday

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
No doubt the Flyers are one of the later games considering both teams have a makeup tomorrow. By later i mean not the first slate of games

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Hopefully they do it tonight. Last year they had a long drawn out show on NHL Network that was contrived and ridiculous.

Wizards play at home on Wednesday, so I'm hoping that means Thursday-Saturday-Monday-Wednesday

I think they will have two day break in between games and do early sunday afternoon. Thursday-Sunday afternoon-Tuesday-Thursday

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think they will have two day break in between games and do early sunday afternoon. Thursday-Sunday afternoon-Tuesday-Thursday

Life will be easier for me if they don't have 2 days off. I think NBC does double headers in the first round on the weekends, so hopefully they draw 3pm Saturday.

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007
Clearly the Flyers' fate depends solely on my ability to watch the games. I'm pretty sure they lost 70+% of the games I've watched this year.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
Ovechkin just got #50 and Holtby will tie Brodeur's win record. Ovechkin probably won't play much tomorrow, if at all. Hopefully Holtby still plays.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Don't have high hopes for this series. If it goes seven games I think we win. We're going to be overmatched here and I expect some Oskars Bartulis types of ice time for Manning.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00