GDT: MDSF #1 - 04/17/14 | Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - MSG, CNBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

e6o1.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014 METROPOLITAN DIVISION SEMIFINALS
GAME #1 - 04/17/2014

vs
(0) ____________ (0)

TIME | 7:00 PM ET ARENA | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | MSG, CNBC, TSN, RDS, CSN-PH

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

I think everyone should have a chip on their shoulders to perform and in order to get the job done.
Last year finished off not the way we wanted it to so I think it’s important to go into the playoffs with that chip on our shoulder.
I am as hungry as ever to win that championship.
- Rick Nash

A team that you don’t see all that often, sometimes it takes a little longer to build the hate.
But we’re very familiar with each other. I don’t think we need to build any of that up. It should be a good start.
- Marc Staal

We’re going to play what made us successful all year long. You get into the playoffs and there’s a reason why you got in. It’s because your team played a certain way.
We’re going to put that game on the ice with intensity and emotion.
On some nights it’s going to be your top-end players or it might be the 4th line player that comes in and makes the play that makes the difference in the game.
That’s how you win hockey games in the playoffs.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="PHILADELPHIA FLYERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 0 | GF | 0
W | 0 | GA | 0
L | 0 | GF/G | 0.00
HOME | 0-0 | GA/G | 0.00
AWAY | 0-0 | PP% | 0.0
STREAK | XXX | PK% | 0.0
PIM/G | 0.0 | FO% | 0.0

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | XXXXXX | XX Assists | XXXXXX | XX Points | XXXXXX | XX + / - | XXXXXX | XX Shots | XXXXXX | XX Hits | XXXXXX | XX Blocks | XXXXXX | XX PIM | XXXXXX | XX FO% | XXXXXX | XX TOI/G F: | XXXXXX | XX TOI/G D: | XXXXXX | XX

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Scott Hartnell (A) | Claude Giroux (C) | Jakub Voracek
Michael Raffl | Brayden Schenn | Wayne Simmonds
Matt Read | Sean Couturier | Jason Akeson
Zac Rinaldo | Vincent Lecavalier | Adam Hall

LD | RD
Kimmo Timonen (A) | Braydon Coburn
Nicklas Grossmann | Mark Streit
Luke Schenn | Andrew MacDonald

Scratched
Hal Gill|
Erik Gustafsson|
Jay Rosehill|
Ben Holmstrom|
Tye McGinn|
Chris VandeVelde|

STARTING GOALIE:

emery.png

Ray Emery

GPI: 0 | W: 0 | L: 0
SV% .000 | GAA: 0.00 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Steve Downie | Upper body (DTD)
Chris Pronger | PCS (LTIR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 0 | GF | 0
W | 0 | GA | 0
L | 0 | GF/G | 0.00
HOME | 0-0 | GA/G | 0.00
AWAY | 0-0 | PP% | 0.0
STREAK | XXX | PK% | 0.0
PIM/G | 0.0 | FO% | 0.0

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | XXXXXX | XX Assists | XXXXXX | XX Points | XXXXXX | XX + / - | XXXXXX | XX Shots | XXXXXX | XX Hits | XXXXXX | XX Blocks | XXXXXX | XX PIM | XXXXXX | XX FO% | XXXXXX | XX TOI/G F: | XXXXXX | XX TOI/G D: | XXXXXX | XX

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Benoit Pouliot | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Rick Nash | Derek Stepan | Martin St. Louis
Carl Hagelin | Brad Richards (A) | Jesper Fast
Brian Boyle | Dominic Moore | Derek Dorsett

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Anton Stralman
John Moore | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Dan Carcillo|
Raphael Diaz|
Justin Falk|
Ryan Haggerty|
J.T. Miller|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik1.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 0 | W: 0 | L: 0 |
SV% .000 | GAA: 0.00 | SO: 0 | Pts: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Chris Kreider | Hand (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerend.png

Last edited:

Garfinkel1

Jun 28, 2008
CT
QuOTE=Swagelin;83540577]I understand Boyle is important on PKs anf FOs but I'd rather have Carcillo playing[/QUOTE]

Boyle plays a critical role on this team. **** Carcillo. Rangers win this one in a very convincing manner.

I'm calling the Philly cheap shot on STL.

HoosierDaddy

Jun 29, 2007
Norway
Amazing GDT Loffen

We can't say this enough Loffen, but your GDT's are the envy of HF. You really upped your game for the playoffs! :handclap:

Thanks for your hard work and creativity. Your GDT's Rock! :yo:

FanInFtWorth

Apr 5, 2014
TX
"I think everyone should have a chip on their shoulders to perform and in order to get the job done. Last year finished off not the way we wanted it to so I think it’s important to go into the playoffs with that chip on our shoulder. I am as hungry as ever to win that championship." - Rick Nash

Talk is cheap, I hope he makes good on this.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
So is Emery confirmed in for this game?

Good, the Rangers are in good position to take advantage of his flaws.

Injuries are a part of the game. If you don't build your team to be able to withstand an injury to a critical player at this time of the year, you deserve to lose. That goes for both the Rangers and the Flyers. A victory is a victory, no matter who is hurt.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Would like to see Miller over fast but whatever.

Playoffs baby, let's start them off on the right note!

FanInFtWorth

Apr 5, 2014
TX
So is Emery confirmed in for this game?

Good, the Rangers are in good position to take advantage of his flaws.

Injuries are a part of the game. If you don't build your team to be able to withstand an injury to a critical player at this time of the year, you deserve to lose. That goes for both the Rangers and the Flyers. A victory is a victory, no matter who is hurt.

Yes, Mason is back in Philly and didn't make the trip to NYC with the team.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We can't say this enough Loffen, but your GDT's are the envy of HF. You really upped your game for the playoffs! :handclap:

I........ 2nd the motion. Sometimes goes unappreciated. Lots of effort to put together that stuff, especially the grids. Awesome job Loffen. U the man! Now, LET'S GOOOOOOO RANGERS!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida

I........ 2nd the motion. Sometimes goes unappreciated. Lots of effort to put together that stuff, especially the grids. Awesome job Loffen. U the man! Now, LET'S GOOOOOOO RANGERS!

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
A relatively inconsequential question, but does Haggerty count as a scratch? Is he even still with the team? I know he's ineligible to play since he wasn't on our reserve list at the trade deadline...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Big game for us. I wouldn't take Emery for granted. He can be very good. As well the Flyers might do for him what the Rangers have often done for their backups--concentrate a little more on their defensive end.

We could use Kreider. His size and speed on the wing would be a real weapon against the Flyers--some of whose d-men aren't that quick. Could back their defense off even more. Unfortunately it's not to be.

As for sitting Boyle to play Carcillo--no thanks. Dominic Moore and Boyle need to play every game. Carcillo and Dorsett can do the musical chair stuff or even JT could go in for Fast if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad