GDT: MDF #3 - 05/04/15 | New York Rangers @ washington capitals | 7:30 - NBCSN, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Nothing pisses me off more is watching a team who was among league leaders for scoring in the regular season be unable to find any goals despite dominating large portions of the game. It's seriously the worst thing about watching this team.

At least it's better than Tortorella hockey. :D

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
As said above Rangers not testing him too much. They need to stop with this perimeter bs,

BarbaraAlphanse

What can we do? Tip your cap to Washington, they wanted it more. They seem to want this series more than the Rangers do up to this point.

If the Caps win game 4 and go up 3-1, Rangers are done. We just have to hope and pray the Rangers can figure out a way to win the next game.

Why bother even watching the next period?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I can't blame brassard one bit with those wingers. One is a senior citizen and can't hold onto puck and the other just wrists every shot from blue line due to the fear he's gonna get hit

What game are you watching exactly?

Nash + MSL have been excellent while Brassard has been a nightmare.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
He just needs to be paired up with someone other than Boyle.

This is a sad excuse. Him being paired with Boyle doesn't automatically make him turn the puck over right in front of the net for a shot on goal against.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Tonight, both wingers are carrying him. It's not their fault he can't control passes or handle the puck well tonight.

Even if that's the case it's about time
They should be. He's the only one that scores clutch goals when it matters

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
The issue is in similar circumstances in the regular season, we had similar results. When we were pressured physically like this, we struggled to score. The issue is in the regular season, a lot of the stuff that goes on in the playoffs would be penalized. It's very much a far more physical game in the playoffs, and our speed based system suffers with it. You're acting like this is something new, but I and others have mentioned it many times throughout the regular season about our inability to finish. It's cost us already this series with game 1, it seems like it's costing us with game 3.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I don't understand how kreider can go from potentially have 4 goals last game to being completely irrelevant offensively. They need to put him with hayes this period. Stepan and his defense first mentality is not gonna get it done right now.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Rangers have more crapfest goals per capita go in against them then any other team in the playoffs. Lundqvist was in the right position and <bam> there's Yandle's skate to screw it all up. Unreal.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
It's nice how our two highest-paid skaters have one goal combined between them midway through the second round. Every time they have a chance to score, I don't even get excited before their shot. At least with Hagelin or Brass or even Klein there's a chance. With Nash and St. Louis, it's like they are forbidden to score.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
What game are you watching exactly?

Nash + MSL have been excellent while Brassard has been a nightmare.

"Excellent" isn't exactly the word I'd use for anyone on the team today, but it's true that both have looked better than Brass.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He just needs to be paired up with someone other than Boyle.

Boyle has been a quadrillion times better than Yandle tonight, Yandle's **** ups are all his fault.

I'd say Boyle has been good actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad