GDT: MDF #3 - 05/04/15 | New York Rangers @ washington capitals | 7:30 - NBCSN, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
we'll either win 2-1..

or

lose 1-0 (2-0 if the caps convert on the empty net)

goals are just hard to come by now when we match up against the caps.
both teams playing very tight and defensive. gonna continue to be very low scoring for both sides.
hang in there

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This is a sad excuse. Him being paired with Boyle doesn't automatically make him turn the puck over right in front of the net for a shot on goal against.

Needs a reliable defensive partner. When he played with Klein he was fine defensively.

TurgePurge*

The defensive pairings make complete sense. Not AV's fault that Ulf watched Yandle every day in Phoenix and wasn't repulsed

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I don't understand how kreider can go from potentially have 4 goals last game to being completely irrelevant offensively. They need to put him with hayes this period. Stepan and his defense first mentality is not gonna get it done right now.

Kreiders been good today.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
It will be a dirty goal that ties this game, not one from a MSL or Nash.

Pucks to the net. More of Kreider, Brassard, and Klein.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Please go back to Yandle-Klein and Staal-Boyle.

Why? Yandle and Boyle need to start playing better, which will help the team since it'll help us not be pinned in our zone against that Wilson, Glencross and whoever else line.

We don't need to risk having terrible d-zone players out there against Ovechkin just because those two can't figure out how to take the puck away from their goons.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I feel sick to my stomach. Zero puck luck tonight. Good teams make their own luck though...

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
I'm not that mad about the lack of scoring. It's the playoffs. They've played 2 straight goalies who had Vezina-caliber seasons. The league's had its lowest scoring leader since the 60's. Plus it's the playoffs where all offense shrinks.

The effort has been there. If they lose playing with this kind of effort you just have to accept it and not try to blame everyone.

They're playing better this postseason than last season.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
we'll either win 2-1..

or

lose 1-0 (2-0 if the caps convert on the empty net)

goals are just hard to come by now when we match up against the caps.
both teams playing very tight and defensive. gonna continue to be very low scoring for both sides.
hang in there

I am tired of hearing that goals are hard to come by. Not every game needs to be like this. Other teams can score 2-3.

NJBlueShirt

Jan 12, 2013
NJ
Zero offense and giving up cheap goals is a surefire way to get an early exit from the playoffs. We seem to playing right into that.

Rick Nash is doing his classic disappearing act in the playoffs when the team needs him most.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Why? Yandle and Boyle need to start playing better, which will help the team since it'll help us not be pinned in our zone against that Wilson, Glencross and whoever else line.

We don't need to risk having terrible d-zone players out there against Ovechkin just because those two can't figure out how to take the puck away from their goons.

Boyle has been fine. It's yandle's disasters that knocks him off pace and then puts the team on heels in our zone.

"Grandpa" has been outplaying the younger guy he's paired with by far in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad