McQuaid vs Reaves (heavyweights)

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I hate McQuaid so watching him get his ass kicked was pretty satisfying. I gotta say between the Wilson incident and now this I've grown to like Reaves.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
Great scrap. Good to see in todays NHL. Fascinating though that it looks like Reaves is punching so hard yet a swipe from a Bear or a Tiger would snap a mans neck in an instant with the right connection.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
McQuaid got that elbow pad off but then basically got pounded.

Reaves reminds me of Brashear, just keeps punching.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
good bout, McQuaid cost himself trying to shake the elbow pad. That let Reaves land the big blows.

Any bout between these 2 is a 50/50 toss up as to who will win

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
McQuaid got that elbow pad off but then basically got pounded.

Reaves reminds me of Brashear, just keeps punching.
Really? I disagree with the Brashear comparison. Brash would hug you in, and land noogies, and then wrap you up.

I think Tony Twist is more accurate when describing Reaves. He throws bombs from a few postal codes away.

Reactions: leetch99

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Mcquaid went downhill when his visor got punched off with his helmet, and it became a fair fight....

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Anyways, that's probably as heavy of a fight that we will see these days. Reaves and McQuaid both throw heavy hands, both can go for a long time, too.

Another two matches I'd like to see is Reaves/Lucic and Reaves/Johnston. How Lucic/Reaves hasn't happened yet is kind of weird.

Reactions: leetch99

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
McQuaid if he didnt shake his pad would have made the fight more even. Slight edge to Reaves at the end.

McQuaid also has horrible balance and has legit injured himself a few times cuz of it. Just watch his fights he's always having a difficult time maintaining balance.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Someone thinking McQuaid got his "ass kicked" shows how much of a nerd they are and how they have never been in a fight
Yeah, i wouldn't say he got his "Ass kicked" - Reaves, did take over at the end, but it was pretty even up until that point. No doubt that Reavo won, though.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Really? I disagree with the Brashear comparison. Brash would hug you in, and land noogies, and then wrap you up.

I think Tony Twist is more accurate when describing Reaves. He throws bombs from a few postal codes away.

Before my time :)

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Before my time :)

The Twist comparison is spot on. Brashear was a hugger who could punch. From a pure fighting standpoint, Brashear was frustrating to watch when he went all huggy -bear.

Twist punched to break stuff. Absolute bombs that could end a fight and break an orbital bone at any time. Reaves is pretty similar.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Ah, fair enough. I'd go watch some Twist clips, man. He was an absolute lunatic... especially roided up Twist.
He looked like one of those guys in the Quebec Senior league that has about 5 fights a game LOL and the guys are all square from the hips up . Big boys that like fighting .

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Not the greatest fight but at least we saw two guys swinging and not love festing. Reaves won but it was hardly a vicious beating. Saying he got his bum kicked is hyperbole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad