McMullet's Final Top-62 Rankings + Write-Ups for Each Player

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Slight updates to my list. (I know I said it was final, but I can't help watching more of these prospects)

I moved Jarvis up several spots. I've been focusing too heavily on the negatives with him.

Reichel and Peterka were bumped up to 26 and 27. I also moved up Brendan Brisson, and Schneider and Sanderson overtook Mysak and Perreault.

Reactions: Fenris

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Slight updates to my list. (I know I said it was final, but I can't help watching more of these prospects)

I moved Jarvis up several spots. I've been focusing too heavily on the negatives with him.

Reichel and Peterka were bumped up to 26 and 27. I also moved up Brendan Brisson, and Schneider and Sanderson overtook Mysak and Perreault.
I still see Brisson as a late 1st—have a feeling he is a Couture type of high-end 2C.
The thing about Reichel and Peterka is that individually each looks good—but in tournaments when they play together they are at another level.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Made a few adjustments, the list should be final. I'm pretty confident in my rankings now.

Changes:
  • Moved Perfetti into the 2nd tier. The overall offensive package — passing, shot, hands, and IQ — give him the upside to be grouped in that tier of players.
  • Bumped Lundell down to 18. I just don't see it with him. My view of the player hasn't changed, but I am just more confident betting on players that I believe have more upside, like Jacob Perreault and Lukas Reichel. Speaking of whom...
  • Lukas Reichel moved up to 18. I love his offensive IQ and tenacious mindset, and what he did against men this year is incredible.
  • Topi Niemela gets a bump to 34. His overall game and skating is very projectable to the NHL.
  • Ridley Greig moves to 36. Another very projectable player, but in terms of WHL wingers in that range I still prefer Jake Neighbours.

Reactions: Fenris

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
More realistic to see 3 Dmen in the top 15. Still only 15 Dmen in the top 62... Don't see that happening. There are some talented but flawed forwards in this draft. They seem to get picked, but Dmen don't, and seem to be held to a higher standard.

Seems to be a lot of forwards in this draft who play C, but are questionable to play C in the pros, which makes it confusing to gauge their value. Guys like Perrault, Holloway, Mercer, to name a few.

Last edited:

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
More realistic to see 3 Dmen in the top 15. Still only 15 Dmen in the top 62... Don't see that happening. There are some talented but flawed forwards in this draft. They seem to get picked, but Dmen don't, and seem to be held to a higher standard.

Seems to be a lot of forwards in this draft who play C, but are questionable to play C in the pros, which makes it confusing to gauge their value. Guys like Perrault, Holloway, Mercer, to name a few.

I think it's been established enough that Mullet's list is a ranking, not a mock draft. It's based on how he ranks players, not where he projects them to go.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, my comment is that his player ranking is biased in favor of forwards. He is not alone in this. Year after year, HFB "rankings" value forwards higher than Dmen, yet once it comes to the actual draft, Dmen are picked at a higher rate than most rankings on here. Just once, I would like to see a ranking that favors Dmen over forwards.

IMO a ranking should reflect reality, otherwise, what good is it?

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
That's all impressive.

But to be convinced on him I need to be confident that his technique and playing style will translate to the NHL. There are goalies every year with great numbers (not saying Askarov isn't on another level) that don't pan out at all. If someone can show me what makes Askarov a great goalie in terms of his technique I could be swayed to put him higher.
Maxim Oulette

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad