28. Lucas Cormier
29. Mavrik Bourque
30. Jake Neighbours
31. Lukas Reichel

If you have any questions, ask away!

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I agree with the top 3. Rossi and Drysdale before Raymond, very interesting. Love the rankings for Peterka, Wallinder & Reichel, they are for sure 1st rounders. Lapierre at 17th is a bit high IMO, he is plagued with injuries and I believe teams are afraid to draft him that high. He has a lot of skill though.
Thank you for your comments. I think Raymond would be a surefire top-5 pick most years, but I'm very high on both Rossi and Drysdale.

Lapierre could rise or fall significantly based on the 2nd half of the season. He had a strong season last year and an outstanding Hlinka, so I'm betting he bounces back.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Thank you for your comments. I think Raymond would be a surefire top-5 pick most years, but I'm very high on both Rossi and Drysdale.

Lapierre could rise or fall significantly based on the 2nd half of the season. He had a strong season last year and an outstanding Hlinka, so I'm betting he bounces back.

He had his 3rd concussion in something like 8 months back in November. Not sure about the timetable for his return but he's listed as out indefinitely and I think it's pretty unlikely he plays again this year though you never know. He's still getting relatively high rankings but the longer and longer he's out for the more he will likely drop. It's to bad because he's a talented player but having that many concussions in such a short period of time will have a lot of teams concerned with drafting him high, some might even list him as a no draft.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
He had his 3rd concussion in something like 8 months back in November. Not sure about the timetable for his return but he's listed as out indefinitely and I think it's pretty unlikely he plays again this year though you never know. He's still getting relatively high rankings but the longer and longer he's out for the more he will likely drop. It's to bad because he's a talented player but having that many concussions in such a short period of time will have a lot of teams concerned with drafting him high, some might even list him as a no draft.
His concussion history is a concern for sure. I'd have him borderline top-10 otherwise. I believe he's expected to return within the next 4-6 weeks though.

Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis
Seeing Drysdale rocket up a lot of people’s boards. Can’t say I know too much about him, who does he compare to in the NHL? I know that’s tough but would appreciate it if you could. Also seeing Raymond slide on a few mocks, would love to see him slide to the Wild. He’s gonna be a fantastic goal scorer.

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Seeing Drysdale rocket up a lot of people’s boards. Can’t say I know too much about him, who does he compare to in the NHL? I know that’s tough but would appreciate it if you could. Also seeing Raymond slide on a few mocks, would love to see him slide to the Wild. He’s gonna be a fantastic goal scorer.
Along the lines of prime Duncan Keith. IMO he's a franchise guy I take as high as #3

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
There is absolutely no reason why Lundell wouldn’t be in the second tier, 0,56ppg in his career playing with grown men and playing complete game, this is his second season playing as pro to boot.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Based on?
I don't think he has the offensive tools or smarts to be a 1st line forward, whereas I believe everyone ahead of him does.
Drysdale reminds me a bit of Makar, although I don't think he has the same offensive upside. He's pretty clearly the best defenseman in the draft.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
To me, Drydale is Byram. Simple as that.

If there is doubt that Rossi or Perfetti will not be able to play C in the NHL, then the Swedes will move up, and Lundell will move up just like Kotkaniemi did, because he appears to be able to play C at higher levels, and some teams are desperate for C's.

Is it Brendan, or Braedan Schneider?

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Many thanks for posting this. I think after the top 2 or 3 in this draft the draft is a crapshoot this year.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Tiers are separated with lines.

1. Alexis Lafreniere

2. Quinton Byfield
3. Tim Stutzle
4. Marco Rossi
5. Jamie Drysdale
6. Lucas Raymond
7. Alexander Holtz
8. Cole Perfetti

9. Anton Lundell
10. Noel Gunler
11. Connor Zary
12. Yaroslav Askarov
13. Dylan Holloway
14. Dawson Mercer

15. Jacob Perrault
16. Jeremie Poirier
17. Hendrix Lapierre
18. Rodion Amirov
19. Jack Quinn
20. Brendan Schneider
21. Kaiden Guhle
22. Helge Grans
23. Jan Mysak
24. Justin Barron
25. Zion Nybeck

26. John-Jason Peterka
27. William Wallinder
28. Lucas Cormier
29. Mavrik Bourque
30. Jake Neighbours
31. Lukas Reichel

If you have any questions, ask away!
Sanderson not in first round and Cormier 28, kind of surprising.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Does it not concern you that Poirier is the biggest defensive liability in the Q?

Ive always been confused by this. I’ve only seen Saint John Twice this season so my viewings are limited, but I’ve never understood why Poirier has been viewed as a top 20 pick by almost everyone, but Villeneuve is viewed as a late 2nd/early 3rd by some?

Both have 41pts in 46 games
Play on the same team
Neither is great defensively but Villeneuve has seemed better in that regard

Villeneuve is 6’1 - 165pds- former 2nd overall pick in the Q
Poirier is 6’1- 195 - former 8th overall pick in the Q

Poirier plays a more physical game and has a good 30pounds on Villeneuve, but is that worth being seen as 50-60picks better? I’m not so sure

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ive always been confused by this. I’ve only seen Saint John Twice this season so my viewings are limited, but I’ve never understood why Poirier has been viewed as a top 20 pick by almost everyone, but Villeneuve is viewed as a late 2nd/early 3rd by some?

Both have 41pts in 46 games
Play on the same team
Neither is great defensively but Villeneuve has seemed better in that regard

Villeneuve is 6’1 - 165pds- former 2nd overall pick in the Q
Poirier is 6’1- 195 - former 8th overall pick in the Q

Poirier plays a more physical game and has a good 30pounds on Villeneuve, but is that worth being seen as 50-60picks better? I’m not so sure

It's the skillsets. Poirier is perceived as having extremely high potential. You can disagree with that if you want, but it's seen by those who rate him highly that if he figures it out, he'll be a star. I don't think anyone believes Villeneuve has that type of upside.

The points might be what you said, but look at the goal differential. Poirier is an excellent goal-scorer for a defenseman. That's the type of thing that is more translatable to higher levels than putting up assist numbers in junior hockey without having elite playmaking skills, which I haven't seen anyone suggest Villeneuve has.

Reactions: Deam78

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad