Waived: McMillan Claimed off waviers by Vancouver

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
McMillan's #22 isn't available in Vancouver. Maybe he'll troll Tricia and take #42.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Au revoir, Tricia's brother. Not at all surprised to see him get picked up, but not staying up late worrying about his departure. Lots of try.

Olli Jokinen turned into Lombardi, Prust and a 1st (Brandon Gormley).
Lombardi became McMillan.
McMillan became Arcobello.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Au revoir, Tricia's brother. Not at all surprised to see him get picked up, but not staying up late worrying about his departure. Lots of try.

Olli Jokinen turned into Lombardi, Prust and a 1st (Brandon Gormley).
Lombardi became McMillan.
McMillan became Arcobello.

Arcobello becomes McDavid. Well, we can all dream.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He was great last season and early this season. He faded. Guys like him need to go 100% all of the time or they don't stick. Good luck to him.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
He was great last season and early this season. He faded. Guys like him need to go 100% all of the time or they don't stick. Good luck to him.

Yeah; he's been serviceable at times at least. Too bad he doesn't fit into the long term plan, and only has limited capabilities and not much outside an energy role.

We will need a couple cheap youngsters similar to him in a year or two to fill out the bottom line.

Feb 12, 2003
I liked everything McMillan did away from the puck. When he got the puck on his stick he didn't seem to have the skill to do something with it at the NHL level. He had great speed, was nice on the forecheck to disrupt the breakout, and I never had any major complaints with his defensive play. I would have been fine with him staying, and frankly I think it's silly that a guy like Chip or Crombeen doesn't get waived instead as I don't find them as useful as McMillan.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I love the fact he's gone, he was a terrible 'forechecker'. He never created any turnovers or disrupted anything with his forecheck.

I'd say he was moderately average on the PK, so after a stunning 3 pts in 50 games, yeah...I'd say I'm ok with him leaving.

At least Arcobello looks like he can actually do something with the puck if he gets it. Which is 10x better than what McMillan could do with the puck when he got it.

You guys can forget about Hodgemen ever getting a 2nd chance. Something tells me that the conversation about him moving back down to Portland didn't go well, hence his name is never mentioned by anyone...he'll be a 1 & done with the Coyotes.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
McMillan is like that ginger kid the Coyotes had last year (the one that looked like it could have been carrot tops mini me) A lot of try and zero finish.

Thanks for fixing this Mouser, I posted this while I was at work.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I love the fact he's gone, he was a terrible 'forechecker'. He never created any turnovers or disrupted anything with his forecheck.

I'd say he was moderately average on the PK, so after a stunning 3 pts in 50 games, yeah...I'd say I'm ok with him leaving.

At least Arcobello looks like he can actually do something with the puck if he gets it. Which is 10x better than what McMillan could do with the puck when he got it.

You guys can forget about Hodgemen ever getting a 2nd chance. Something tells me that the conversation about him moving back down to Portland didn't go well, hence his name is never mentioned by anyone...he'll be a 1 & done with the Coyotes.

I think you are right about Hodgman.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Singuary must be dancing in jubilation after this news

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad