GDT: McLeod 9: Oilers @ Red Wings 5:00 PM - SN west

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Can we continue the win streak to 9 games?
IMG_4118.jpeg

IMG_4122.jpeg

IMG_4124.jpeg

IMG_4120.jpeg

IMG_4121.jpeg

IMG_4125.jpeg

IMG_4123.jpeg

Last edited:

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I'd argue they need to play a full 56 tonight then miss another 4 open net chances in the next 4

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It's Pickard time, because he's starting. Woots.

A 9 game win streak is the franchise record.
Get the win....and then do it again on Saturday. :D
I love that this is the case, and when asked about it, the Boys on the bus are like "well we like to have fun, so sometimes it was hard to play and win that 9th game" lol

Reactions: bellagiobob

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I see tonight as a bit of a test of Knoblauch's ability to get this team back in gear after a shitty game.

In years past (and even earlier this season) we would follow that game up with another limp one in Detroit, and probably a limp one in Montreal too before being shocked enough to engage again. I'm looking for an energetic start tonight as a sign that we've taken a step maturity wise and cut off bad nights at one in a row.

My concern with this game is the recent tradition we have of playing like garbage in Detroit and in Montreal. For some reason we have a really hard time in general playing Eastern teams on the road, and not because we get straight up beat. It seems we have a hard time getting engaged in some of these games, especially the three locations on this road trip for whatever reason. Another sign of maturity - exercising demons in some of these arenas.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Thanks @Morpheus , lots of good info.

This is my predicted trap game. Same record, a good hockey team. Surprised to see Detroit near league's best in goals and with a better shooting percentage. What I'm watching: how the Oilers reset after a C effort win in Chicago; how Pickard performs in a really good test. Looking for a strong, engaged start to dictate play.

Gotta get this league's #7 PP cooking tonight.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Oilers better be locked in and ready to match Detroit's energy or they will get embarrassed. It will tell a lot of the teams character of they can come back after a weak effort . They didn't suffer any consequences from their bad effort against Chicago so they may not realize how much better they have to play to beat a very talented Detroit team. We will see 🤷‍♂️

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Thanks @Morpheus , lots of good info.

This is my predicted trap game. Same record, a good hockey team. Surprised to see Detroit near league's best in goals and with a better shooting percentage. What I'm watching: how the Oilers reset after a C effort win in Chicago; how Pickard performs in a really good test. Looking for a strong, engaged start to dictate play.

Gotta get this league's #7 PP cooking tonight.

I see all three games on this trip as trap games.

Everything else aside, we just don't play well in these rinks for whatever reason. Montreal especially.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It is a little strange that pickard didn’t start against Chicago but let’s hope he has a solid game. I think the team knows how poorly they played last game so I expect a rebound game with much better energy.

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It is a little strange that pickard didn’t start against Chicago but let’s hope he has a solid game. I think the team knows how poorly they played last game so I expect a rebound game with much better energy.
It is, but it isn't.

By giving him some tougher games you can get a better idea if maybe he is an internal solution. Playing him against what should've been an easy W against Chicago doesn't give you a lot of insight to whether or not he's a guy that maybe can be that backup.

Maybe I'm overthinking, but that's the logic I can see.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I see all three games on this trip as trap games.

Everything else aside, we just don't play well in these rinks for whatever reason. Montreal especially.
Personally I anticipated winning 2 of 3 (Chicago & Montreal). Detroit is a sneaky good team and looking at the two team's average ages, both are veteran based teams. Tonight is the game I sweat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad